Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NE Fam....I need a shop where I can go to replace my brake pads...Any suggestions?....Should I order the pads from irontoad.com ?.....Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I ordered my brake pads from irontoad.com. @ 90 bucks for both front and rear. there's a diy in the stop drop and roll forum. do a search for brakes and rotors diy. its not as bad as it seems to do it yourself..

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
check with your dealer, you may be able to get them cheaper/faster. and dont pay a shop to do them. ill do them for half the price, in the convenience of your driveway or mine

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
whitetezza said:
I ordered my brake pads from irontoad.com. @ 90 bucks for both front and rear. there's a diy in the stop drop and roll forum. do a search for brakes and rotors diy. its not as bad as it seems to do it yourself..
Plus you save yourself some dough that way. I'm sure the NE fam can get an install meet for this. I still need to paint my brake calipers.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
yeah, def...i need to change all my fluids, check brake pads, change oil this week or next week. if anyone wants to do it this weekend, set something up. we can all help each other out im sure

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
mikefate said:
yeah, def...i need to change all my fluids, check brake pads, change oil this week or next week. if anyone wants to do it this weekend, set something up. we can all help each other out im sure
Yeah I still need to do the diff fluid change.

·
Registered
251 Posts
yo jr if you need to paint ur calipers let me kno... i just painted my front 2 and they look so hot..... they match the yellow of my car... anwywho ive been dead for about a week, jus had wizdom teeth pulled but shout me a line ive been workin on my car alot at my friends house wit tha rx-7 in mount vernon... + i need you to give me a ride in your car cus im still scared to put those springs on lol

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everyone, Do I need to cut my rotors or buy new rotors when replacing the pads??

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
FlyGQ4u said:
Everyone, Do I need to cut my rotors or buy new rotors when replacing the pads??

no, unless you let your pads wear to metal and scraped an warped the hell out of the rotors

·
Registered
370 Posts
[QUOTE='03IntensaBlueBeast]Yeah I still need to do the diff fluid change.[/QUOTE]

Hey I'm down for a DIY event. I gotta change my Power steerin and brake fluid. Hey Jr I got the 10mm socket for the diff and the funnel to replace the gear oil. I just did mine about two weeks ago.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
glassdanse said:
yo jr if you need to paint ur calipers let me kno... i just painted my front 2 and they look so hot..... they match the yellow of my car... anwywho ive been dead for about a week, jus had wizdom teeth pulled but shout me a line ive been workin on my car alot at my friends house wit tha rx-7 in mount vernon... + i need you to give me a ride in your car cus im still scared to put those springs on lol
No problem Dave. Damn I know the wisdom thing sux I know a few people that had them done recently.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
cuificu said:
Hey I'm down for a DIY event. I gotta change my Power steerin and brake fluid. Hey Jr I got the 10mm socket for the diff and the funnel to replace the gear oil. I just did mine about two weeks ago.
Cool, good looking out Joe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts