Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace both the front ones, already have the part, all the shops i'm calling are saying i got the wrong piece and that i have to replace the whole control arm. What place knows how to press out the old one and put in the new one? :confused:

·
Registered
294 Posts
The one by SBC. It says you need to press out the old one to put in the new one
I don't see why the shop didn't understand this. I would call them back and say I need my upper control arm removed, an old ball joint pressed out, a new one pressed in that I'm providing, and the control arm reinstalled. I had this issue with shops telling me the same thing they told you but for my lower control arms.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
858 Posts
I just order my front ball joints and im going to buy the ball joint remove and install tool I should be getting my ball joints next week.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I just got my SPC adjustable ball joints today, I just got home from work its 11:30 pm im going to install the adjustable ball joints. I will post pics for anyone that hasn't seen how it looks on the is300. I just finish installing the SPC adjustable ball joints its 3:00am this is my first time doing this, I also purchase the tool to remove and install ball joints you will see it in the pics here we go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts