21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
My 350Z was technically a hatchback...

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
I always heard it was beacuse of crime, and Americans don't like anything without a lockable trunk that is out of view of prying eyes.

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
I didn't realize you were living with such a strong example of that bias.

-Justin
Was.....:cool:

And I agree that part of the negative connotation attached to the "hatchback" name isn't just because of cheapness. Squareback brings up a good point about the visibility of items in the car.

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
True, my wife complains about that with her Honda Pilot, but something she is willing to sacrifice in order not to drive a mini-van.

Another argument really, but 90% of moms buy SUVs not because they like them/need them, but they are willing to over look a lot of drawbacks to avoid the stigma of driving a mini-van.

Then again, mini-vans don't have a concealed trunk either.

·
Technical Poseur
23,314 Posts
My mom hates driving hatch backs because she hates ducking under it when its open to put shit in. Also..when dem props go back. He Santa Fe hasnt had a prop go bad yet at 5 years/130,000 miles. When its open I can stand under it with out head clearance issues though. That aside, she is looking into a Veloster for the commuter and Santa Fe for inclement weather days.

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I think the props have been sorted for a while. When I had f-bodies I needed to change them all the time. I don;t think I ever had one go on the 240sx (which had ~180k miles when I got rid of it, on the xB or on the Chevy Venture that's now around 100k miles).

-Justin

·
Technical Poseur
23,314 Posts
Again her biases were based on an old Chevette and the door to the topper on the 88 Dakota they had. I'm trying to push her into a 335d though.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts