Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just bought a Lexus IS300 with E-shift, and I am looking to lower it but I would like to know which spring/shock combo you would recommend for ride quality and looks??? And where would be the best place to get them?? I live in Alberta, Canada so I would probably have to order them. Thanks, Justin

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
lots of diff combos out there....
i suggest you do a search 1st in this forum before you get flamed
search on key words (ie., l-tuned, trd, h&r, tein, coilovers, koni, tokico, eibach, bilstein, s-tech, hotchkis, jic, etc.......)
a lot depends on how low you want to go, what about bodykit, 18s or 19s, etc......
good luck

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just don't know where to start, I just want it lowered and the biggest rims I can get without having to roll fenders and all that jazz.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
how much of a drop are you looking for and what's your budget?

do you want a spring/shock combo or coilovers?, do you need ride height adjustability

i think 19's will be the biggest you can go while being lowered and without having to modify your fender, just make sure to get the right width and offset

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want spring and shock, NO coilcovers, I don't really have too much of a budget, I would like to go atleast 1" - 2" drop at least. I was thinking about tein or eibach but I don't know the best match for shocks.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i think the tein springs give a very good drop, pair that up with some koni yellows or bilstein shocks and you're set

do you need adjustable shocks?

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
if you are going with tein or eibach you might as well stick with the stock shocks until they are wasted.. they should last a while if your car is still pretty new

1 - 8 of 8 Posts