Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we've talked about it before BUT has anyone actually used something and did it work?? My exhaust is all rusty looking and the car barely has 7K miles on it. I want to clean it but don't know what to use. ANY HELP?? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
This is what I posted in the Parking Lot.

I posted in the past that I thought that my stock exhaust tip was rusting a bit. I was wrong. Today I washed my stock 17" inside and out, b4 I get them mounted next week and one of them, a traded one, had some faint scratches on it. A friend recommended NEVR-DULL from Eagle-One. Its a metal polish. It didn't do too well on the rim, but it did wonders on the exhaust tip. The tip is nice and shiny now, unlike the rest of my car. I did notice that the so called stainless steel tip is chipping away at the edge. About 1-2 mm worth.
The product is widely availible, plus its only 4-5 bucks. Note, I suggest that you polish the exhaust tip when its cool and wipe off all the polish completely since its flammable.
http://www.is300.net/forum_new/Forum8/HTML/001543.html

-crontab -l

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
HIBBoyScott
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing