Lexus IS Forum banner

shifting into neutral with battery dead

26K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  TobiasSing 
#1 ·
My Is 300 is in the garage and and I want to bring it out to jump it. I can't get it into neutral to do this. is there a way to do this?

thanks

#4 ·
Thanks, but I have a question-I contacted my lexus dealership this morning and they said to pop off the button, as you say, and insert my ignition key and turn-which is different from your "pressing button" also what is the open area abive the photo showing some "guts" ?

Please advise

#8 ·
Is 300 neutral gear

Thanks to all for your help.

Maybe you can also help with signing in to the forum. When i sign in, using my registered ID and PW it keeps rejecting my sign in. This is a confusing site.
I finally can sign in when clicking on the welcome mail i got when registering,but not the forum site (club lexus)

Thanks

#9 ·
Maybe you can also help with signing in to the forum. When i sign in, using my registered ID and PW it keeps rejecting my sign in. This is a confusing site.
I finally can sign in when clicking on the welcome mail i got when registering,but not the forum site (club lexus)

Thanks
Must be a problem on your end? This is the first time I've heard of a problem with joining. If you still have an issue we may need to contact an administrator.

#6 ·
The "guts" part is where the ECT/SNOW button assembly goes.

You push and hold that button down under the removeable tab in the front and you should be able to shift out of park. It disengages or moreless holds the shift lock solenoid which prevents you from shifting out of park, normally, unless the car is running and you tap the brake pedal. Don't you hear a click noise in the shifter every time you tap on the brakes? That's an interlock..
Edit; didn't see solid snake's post above. Do just that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.