Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
some fit perfectly and some need a little adjustment...just get creative :)

i got a Razo RA94 and i had to do a minor adjustment to get the knob centered and everything. goodluck!

·
Registered
304 Posts
There are no screws on the stock one. Just unscrew the knob. The stick is threaded on the end.

As far as the MOMO it doesn't have threads. It's a bored hole that will have a rubber insert to make the threads fit snug in there. Then it has 3 set screws that you screw in to hold onto the shifter. You can't see the screws in the pic because of the sleeve that screws onto the bottom of the knob to hide the screws.

The combat is great btw! Had a silver one on my last car and loved the feel of it in my hand muhaha

EDIT: Just noticed it's the 'evo' which I hadn't seen. Mine didn't have the butt crack on the top so I can't speak for that one...I had the older one, smooth with little finger grips on the front. I would imagine it feels about the same though, same general shape.

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
The way the IS shifter sits I think ball shaped ones will look better because this one would just be way too high.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Most aftermarket shift knobs look too high on the IS because of the way that the stock one is shaped.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i got mine from super autobacs its a bubble shifter from japan most shift knobs come with the adapter to fit the thread size of your shifter

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damm. i was decided between the ball one and the style i got... i got that evo one and then i was like... wait.. that doesnt really go with the interior. sigh... o wells. haha

·
Registered
48 Posts
this is my knob

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts