Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was using a Razo RA68 (I think it is) knob but I became tired of it rattling. I have a B & M Shifter and the Razo shifter knob rattled due to the additional vibration/high pitch whine of the B & M shifter. The Razo shift knob I have, has an insert to fit various diameter shifter shafts. Could someone tell me the diameter of the insert of the is300? I have damaged mine from overtightening it in an attempt to stop the very annoying rattling. I was thinking of getting another insert and trying some sort of rubber cement or SOMETHING to stop the very annoying rattling. I really like everything about the shifter EXCEPT the extraordinary annoying rattling. Any ideas?

·
Registered
593 Posts
If it is your shift knob rattling and the gap isn't too big, you could try teflon tape (in the plumbing section) for a tighter fit. It's non-adhesive and used to fill voids between pipe fittings and stop binding. I had some rattling coming from my shift boot not being tightly flush to the bottom of my shift knob. I just took some cloth and taped it inside the tapering end of my shifter to push the shift boot against the knob.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it is your shift knob rattling and the gap isn't too big, you could try teflon tape (in the plumbing section) for a tighter fit. It's non-adhesive and used to fill voids between pipe fittings and stop binding. I had some rattling coming from my shift boot not being tightly flush to the bottom of my shift knob. I just took some cloth and taped it inside the tapering end of my shifter to push the shift boot against the knob.

That sounds like a good idea. I think the rattling is between the insert and the knob itself. I ordered a new insert but I think it may be the wrong diameter. Do you, or anyone else know what the correct diameter is? I may try to order a larger one. I think the one I ordered was a 10mm and I could never get it to thread on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts