Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I'm trying to choose a shift knob and maybe I'm putting too much thought into it. The know will be mounted on a Ralco Short Throw Shifter. Just so you know I don't want to get the Greddy counter weighted knob cause I want to be a lil bit different. Let me know which one you like or post a picture of an option that you like more than mine. (Keep in mind the color pictured may not be the one I want, but feel free to say what color you like :) )

Agency Power (small neck)

Agency Power (large neck)

ARC Ball Titanium

Aspec Ball Titanium

Aspec Neck Titanium

Aspec Gray Boner

Aspec Neck Aluminum

Skunk2 Counter Weighted

There you go, thats my list :bigSmile:

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
SOOooo many knobs, soooo little time.

·
Premium Member
16,050 Posts
out of those, i like the skunk2 counterweight.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
Aspec's ball shifter is just like the ARC one. But without the price.

Buy from Logan @ Aspec and tell him I referred you.

He is good people.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Arc Ftw!!
How come you like the ARC more than the Aspec? Just because its "ARC" or??

Nice someone else likes the Skunk2, some people were talking crap on it.

SCORE
ARC: 1
Skunk2: 1

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks !Zar! , yeah I was looking around and Aspec has hooked up a lot of the other forums with there stuff for good prices, but not ours. Probably because they don't let people do that on here unless the fork out cash....lame :(

·
Registered
620 Posts
Agency Power Neck aluminum.

Nice STi...

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
How come you like the ARC more than the Aspec? Just because its "ARC" or??
Nice someone else likes the Skunk2, some people were talking crap on it.

SCORE
ARC: 1
Skunk2: 1
I thought those were all the exact knobs you wanted, I was going with the color of the ARC. Aspec stuff is very nice!

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
I have heard that the heavier counterweight knobs have had some success quieting down short shifters and made them a bit easier to shift, that being said, the Skunk2 C/W looks like it is really tall, unless it is one of those designs that goes over the boot by quite a bit (which it doesn't look like it does) I think that one might end up being a bit tall.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
MOMO Combat Evo

sorry for the crappy pics and the dirty interior. its all i had of it on my computer

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That pic is from an STI actually.

I don't mind if it sticks up a little (I mean I don't want a dildo for a knob or anything though). Cause personally I don't like the way Momo and Sparco knobs look. They're too big and worst of all they seem to all use pins to hold then in, rather than threads. I only want a knob that threads on. I should have said that off the bat.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Agency Power is kinda more of a Subaru company from what I can tell, but I don't care. Thats why that one has a large neck, its for the 6spd tranny w/ the reverse lock deal. Subaru has a lot of things in common with our cars: shifter threads (12m x 1.25), antenna threads (although sometimes the threaded stud is a bit longer and may need to be shortened a bit to look right on our cars), and the wheel bolt patter 5x114.3

1 - 20 of 32 Posts