Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know of an actual plain shift kit for the auto trans???

·
Registered
960 Posts
Toyomoto made one, you can find it on Ebay.

eBay Motors: lexus is300 toyomoto style valve body upgrade. (item 320227926797 end time Mar-20-08 11:45:14 PDT)

Ive though about picking one up myself.
That's a basic upgrade, someone posted what it actually does, I don't think it'll handle the power they're saying it will....

You can either sent your valve body off to either PFS, SRT and so on. And they'll redrill it and put different rods in. i think SRT is about $295(plus shipping to them and tax)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Yea I just put this style in my car, I'm running around 8psi to the tune of around 325rwhp or so.

Feels nice right now, a definite must if you are turboing, whether its this kit or sending the vb off to someone else.
+1. VERY TRUE!!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Whats the difference between the various brands???? What type of metal is each? Is Toyomoto still in business? I've noticed their site says they moved to Miami (which is local for me) and will update later. I tried to call them but got an answer machine. I like SRT products, but $300 for 3 little rods!!

What does PFS charge? Whats their site?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
What Ive heard is that with the SRT one, alot of what you are paying for is the name. I went with the ebay one becuase I never heard anything bad about it. I always heard it worked great. If I can get the same quality part for 250 bucks cheaper, Im gonna do it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
What Ive heard is that with the SRT one, alot of what you are paying for is the name. I went with the ebay one becuase I never heard anything bad about it. I always heard it worked great. If I can get the same quality part for 250 bucks cheaper, Im gonna do it.
you aren't just getting 3 new rods with the SRT. Maybe you should research before assuming that that's what you're paying for.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you aren't just getting 3 new rods with the SRT. Maybe you should research before assuming that that's what you're paying for.
rather than a comment that" thats not all youre gettin"... how about informing as to what all is involved with this particular kit??

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if or when you do complete this let me know the outcome... vids... opinion...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Whats the difference between the various brands???? What type of metal is each? Is Toyomoto still in business? I've noticed their site says they moved to Miami (which is local for me) and will update later. I tried to call them but got an answer machine. I like SRT products, but $300 for 3 little rods!!

What does PFS charge? Whats their site?
Bump for the desire to learn more. :) I'ld really like to get the above questions answered. I've searched to all hell on this board and just need a little more help. Thanks.

What else does SRT's kit include. I can't get their website to completely work on my apple, and my email didn't go through either.

·
Registered
02’ IS300 Turbo / 3.4L/ V160/Precision 6870/ ProEFI128/Wilwood 6pistonBBK/Welds/
737 Posts
I thought I would chime in here, as my brother in vegas has a toyomoto VB and he is the 3rd owner of the car. It has been boosted since 01' bought from the dealer and sent directly to toyomoto and Lance put the kit on. This car has made 425rwhp at 17lbs and has been that way since day one. My brother has owned the car for a year and half and has never had any issue's with his VB. So if its a true toyomoto VB then it should handle 400-450 no problem.

Just thought I would add this to the thread as it comes from a reliable source and I knew the 2nd owner as well and he never had any issues what so ever.

Eric J.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I thought I would chime in here, as my brother in vegas has a toyomoto VB and he is the 3rd owner of the car. It has been boosted since 01' bought from the dealer and sent directly to toyomoto and Lance put the kit on. This car has made 425rwhp at 17lbs and has been that way since day one. My brother has owned the car for a year and half and has never had any issue's with his VB. So if its a true toyomoto VB then it should handle 400-450 no problem.

Just thought I would add this to the thread as it comes from a reliable source and I knew the 2nd owner as well and he never had any issues what so ever.

Eric J.
Good to hear positive feedback on a boosted auto car.
Wayne

·
Registered
218 Posts
I say SRT VB upgrade I'm Puttin down 526rwhp on pump and the SRT kit shifts are firm with this power and were not even done tunning yet. Go with SRT. You'll Love it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts