Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound odd but im curious to know if anyone has ever installed a shift boot on a E-Shift. I don't like the look of the console on them and i would like to relocate the controls and throw a shift boot on it. Is there any additional parts that i will need or is this just a bad idea all together???

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
You'll have to deal with the "ETC" and "Snow" buttons, which would be covered up by the boot.

That is, unless you're a cheap ass and got an IS without heated seats. =)

·
Registered
378 Posts
ÜberPhLuBB said:
You'll have to deal with the "ETC" and "Snow" buttons, which would be covered up by the boot.

Ahhh, some people might not be cheap. I have ecsaine and almost every Christmas im wearing shorts. No need for heated seats here. ......
Ok, i was too cheap also hehe

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Bucman said:
ÜberPhLuBB said:

Ahhh, some people might not be cheap. I have ecsaine and almost every Christmas im wearing shorts. No need for heated seats here. ......
Ok, i was too cheap also hehe
I've got ecsaine here in so Cal too, but I still opted for heated seats. You don't *need* memory seats, or an auto-dimming mirror, or leather seats, or navigation, or automatic climate control either.

But part of what makes it a Lexus is the little things. =)

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
DSaenzSF said:
What about the button that dis-engages the shifter lock when parked. How hard is this to relocate??
I forgot about that thing too.

I don't think you can relocate it, I think it is physically tied to the transmission directly under it. Or maybe it's connected via cable like the e-brake.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
baadhabit said:
DSaenzSF said:
What about the button that dis-engages the shifter lock when parked. How hard is this to relocate??
which button is this? theres only 2 buttons on the shifter.
No, there is a little button under a 1/2" removable panel that you use to disengage the transmission when you can't get it out or park or a gear when the car isn't started.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.