Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
8,827 Posts
Is it the belt buckle that squeaks? It was a common problem on 2001 ISs and was easily fixable with some WD40.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
vlad_a said:
Is it the belt buckle that squeaks? It was a common problem on 2001 ISs and was easily fixable with some WD40.
FYI; WD-40 is an oil-based cleaner, not a lubricant. Use a teflon based spray lubricant, or some other proper lubricant.

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
ÜberPhLuBB said:
vlad_a said:
FYI, WD-40 is an oil-based cleaner, not a lubricant. Use a teflon based spray lubricant, or some other proper lubricant.
It's not a cleaner... it's a water displacement formula (hence the WD) :wink:

·
Interior Handling Expert
1,752 Posts
vlad_a said:
Yup. It's the seat belt buckle and it is annoying as hell! :pissed:

From what I've read, this appears to be a nuisance with all Lexus seat belts.

·
Registered
60 Posts
luke722 said:
vlad_a said:

As everyone has said, it is the seat belt buckle. I ask the dealer to lubricate the bolt attaching the the seat belt buckle to the center console everytime I go in for service. It goes away for a few months, but will eventually come back in my experience. Has anyone had the dealer permanently fix this in some way?

·
Premium Member
13,761 Posts
ISinDC said:
luke722 said:
vlad_a said:

As everyone has said, it is the seat belt buckle. I ask the dealer to lubricate the bolt attaching the the seat belt buckle to the center console everytime I go in for service. It goes away for a few months, but will eventually come back in my experience. Has anyone had the dealer permanently fix this in some way?
why dont you try a drop or two of wd40 on the bolt area? i had the same squeaking and one or two drops of wd40 fixed it. its been almost 2 years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.