Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

· Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*Updated 5/15/11*

Ok, so my car is pretty much to where I wanted it to be when I first bought it. Simple with just an exhaust, drop, and on some nice wheels.

August 2009:
Bought my 2004 Black Onyx sport design.

-20% tint

January 2010:
-SRT intake w/ race ecu
-GReddy Evo2 exhaust
-BC Racing coilovers

May 2010:
-Volk GT-S 19x8+49 all around in gunmetal

June 2010:
Sold the GT-S and went back to stock wheels because the width and offsets weren't what I wanted. But I did end up finding a set of wheels I did like so I put in an order for those.

October 2010:
SSR's finally came in!

-SSR MS1 18x9 +31 HP and 18x10 +37 SL in gold. Got HP disc up front because I plan on getting LS400 bbk next.

Arrived after 3 months!

Got them mounted and balanced the next morning.

Put 215/40/18 on the front.

and 225/40/18 on the rear.

Went and got my fenders rolled two hours later.

Rears on.

Wheels on! I took off the blue tape, but I kind of like it :suspiciou

11/24/10
Lowered the car a bit more a couple of weeks ago.

5/15/11
Just got the car back from the shop yesterday. Added vertex rep front and sides and a chargespeed rep rear. Just need to detail it now (more pictures on page 2).

· Registered
6,295 Posts
Nice! I know somebody who is going to be REALLY jealous :lol:

· Blue Devil
3,829 Posts
are those edges on the rims supposed to be blue or is that the protective plastic that comes on new wheels?

· Registered
6,295 Posts
are those edges on the rims supposed to be blue or is that the protective plastic that comes on new wheels?
It's the film, but he mentioned taking it off. He must have gotten some weird looks on his way to the fender roller haha.

^^^Haha this! That's the first thing that came to mind.

Anyway, the car looks nice!! :approve:
I should email Corey the link to this thread...eh, I'm sure he'll find it on his own. His reaction will probably be more interesting anyway.

Joshua (I think that's your name lol): Is this how much your wheels poke with the suspension loaded? http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/8781/img00677201010161208.jpg. With the rain starting up, it looks like you got your wheels just in time for all the pot holes to start showing up haha j/k. I have a couple flat spots on my wheels from last year.

· Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice!!! More pics
Thanks Tom! Going to have a little photo shoot when my friends G35 gets out of the shop. Been in there for over a month lol.

sick setup! looks real clean
Thanks!

Nice! I know somebody who is going to be REALLY jealous :lol:
Haha. I was actually going to buy Corey's originally.

Not a fan of rims/tires but car looks clean...
Yeah, I know not everyone likes it. Thanks for the compliment though!

Dude great choice in RIMS!!!
Thanks. Once I saw white_is' car I had to get them :approve:

we'll lower it more next week!
Yup! Thanks again for holding my stocks, I'll pick them up no later than next weekend. Also, thanks again for helping me pick the right set up for my daily :approve:

tight, really tight ride... I like it...
Thanks sir.

It's the protective plastic. I actually kind of liked how it looked honestly LOL. But I did end up taking it off before I left the shop.

^^^Haha this! That's the first thing that came to mind.

Anyway, the car looks nice!! :approve:
Thanks!

It's the film, but he mentioned taking it off. He must have gotten some weird looks on his way to the fender roller haha.

I should email Corey the link to this thread...eh, I'm sure he'll find it on his own. His reaction will probably be more interesting anyway.

Joshua (I think that's your name lol): Is this how much your wheels poke with the suspension loaded? http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/8781/img00677201010161208.jpg. With the rain starting up, it looks like you got your wheels just in time for all the pot holes to start showing up haha j/k. I have a couple flat spots on my wheels from last year.
Haha, yeah Josh or Joshua. That picture is with the car still on the lift. And yeah, I hear you about the pot holes already! It's going to be worse when I have to drive to school because there is a couple roads near my school that are pretty much filled with them.

· Registered
4,589 Posts
Car looks extravagant dood!
I like it a lot!

· Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Car looks extravagant dood!
I like it a lot!
nice nice
Thanks!

car looks sweet. i wonder how would those look on my SD Alabaster....
Thanks. I'm sure they would look pretty good on Alabaster, but I don't know if I personally would get gold for Alabaster.

Mmmmm.... MS1's :cloud9:
:cloud9:

Didn't get around to lowering the car or taking any new pictures due to midterms. Hopefully next weekend.

· Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Yup. This is the exact setup I should have bought!
And I pulled my lip kit off today, so now we are REALLY almost twins lol.

But keep it up man. You obviously have good taste :lol:
I saw your pictures with the kit off and our cars really do look the same :lol:

Lowered the car a bit more a few weeks ago, but never got around to taking any pictures.

· Registered
4,589 Posts
Still lookin good.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.