Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question:

I am putting on the Version Select front bumper on my car and that is made for the JDM front rebar. I read somewhere on here that ppl have shaved their front rebar to fit the JDM bumper.

1. Can I shave the front rebar to fir the VS bumper?
2. How much shaving is envolved and where exactly on the bumper needs to be shaved down?
3. Is it safe to drive w/ a shaved down front rebar?

Thanks and whatever help you give will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a quick question:

I am putting on the Version Select front bumper on my car and that is made for the JDM front rebar. I read somewhere on here that ppl have shaved their front rebar to fit the JDM bumper.

1. Can I shave the front rebar to fir the VS bumper?
2. How much shaving is envolved and where exactly on the bumper needs to be shaved down?
3. Is it safe to drive w/ a shaved down front rebar?

Thanks and whatever help you give will be greatly appreciated.

Well I have not done this with the IS, but the Version select bumper is in my list, got pics of how it fits?

I did this on my RX7, all I did was take a grinder with a waffer/cutting wheel (.045 thickness) and a die grinder. I just progressivly shaved it down till it fit. Then added a little extra clearance, more so on the bottom side since my RX7 is very low, and any extra pushing up off the bumper would help reduce contact. I will try to locate my pics just to give you an idea from start to finish.

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
I just put a jdm bumper with the stock crashbar, you flip it upside down drill two holes for the studs and cut off about 3 inches diagonally from each end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.