Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that shaving fenders causes the rigidity in the 1/4 panels to go down, is this true?

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
its fine really, even if you shave past the spot welds. On my buddy's car we shaved it to the complete edge and its been 1.5 years with no problems.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, we'll see how much I'll have to shave once I get my wheels. Thanks for the help!

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
I just shaved about 1/2 inch off mine last weekend they are much better now, my rears are pretty huge for the offset (255/40/19- Sp9000) on a 19x9 in Advan Model 5 but they were ridiculously cheep and virtually new so i couldnt resist. Even tho they are a bit tall..

i have been smoking them up out back under boost so I figgered i would burn thru a less expensive but still bitchen Hi end set of tires Vs frying up a cheap tire or a set set i paid 500-600bux for

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
With the gtns you wont need to shave too much , an 1/8" max. you will have ample distance from the spot welds. I have the same size set up toodown to the tire sizes and im on H&Rs, Happy moddin

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2TGEU said:
With the gtns you wont need to shave too much , an 1/8" max. you will have ample distance from the spot welds. I have the same size set up toodown to the tire sizes and im on H&Rs, Happy moddin
anong wheels ba?

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
joe,
the rear offset seems a bit low, hindi ba?
shouldnt it be +48 for 9 in the rear or +53 for the 9.5 in the rear (US spec).
looks like you will have to shave it down, all the way down. which shouldnt be a problem.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it's actually +45 lol...we'll see when they actually arive...

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
gtns too pare :) exacto tires/offset

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
almost 3" for the rear lip, im sure you will like it ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts