Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok PEEPZ, the SF BAY AREA meet will be on Saturday 12/30/00 in Redwood City at the Best Buy parking lot near Putnam Lexus. We will meet at 1:00 PM. Sound good everybody?? please RSVP by leaving a comment in this topic. Thanks.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
i think i'll make it. i'm finally back in the bay area. yay!!! anyways...so far there's only 3-4 guys going???

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by HyperMKIV:
i think i'll make it. i'm finally back in the bay area. yay!!! anyways...so far there's only 3-4 guys going???

Yeah cuz dey wen hea dat u wuz goin go an den dey all wen say nevahmin den.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I suspect that more people will show up than ones that respond here. Some lurkers never post, and some people won't commit until the last minute.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'll head down from Minneapolis.... Shhhyyyaaaaa, right!!
Have fun you guys!! ...and post some pics when you're finished!

Enjoy!

Scott.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
scott...SHYADDYAP!!! now that i'm back...maybe i can actually work on my cars. still got the apex'i suspension to install in the IS and all the other goodies for the supra. hopefully i can get it in by the 30th...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
90 Integra

·
Registered
675 Posts
Phil Wong over at Lexus of Serramonte said he could try and bring the TRD IS 300 down to the meet on Saturday. Would that be of interest? He told me they have about 10 IS's on the ground and they are looking to move them before the end of the year. If you have any friends in the market for an IS I imagine it's a good time to buy. Just FYI - his number is 650-994-2255.

I'll be there in my silver IS. I am interested in seeing the development of your cars.

-Derek
01 Silver IS with LSD and TRD front bar.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea, that dude should bring the TRD IS along. man, i'm gonna feel hella awkward with my stock base silver IS...DOH, i hate how i had to almost pay MSRP too...this sucks

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
almost had to pay MSRP??? i think a lot of guys paid MSRP. i tried to go to several different dealers (even out of state) and no one budged from MSRP. oh well...and i think there will be a bunch of stock ones at the meet. mine's still stock (for now) so don't feel bad...i got some nice dings on my door already...so i guess that might qualify as modifications...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
90 Integra

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Yeah - we can show off dings!

A tree branch fell on my roof and left a tiny dent. I didn't even notice it until a Lexus service person showed it to me.

The Lexus touch up paint I got didn't match the body color perfectly - you can easily see where I covered a nick (done by my gardeners with their damn hedgetrimmer).

I can show people my little mods
(subwoofer, front armrest, foglights on by themselves, eRam, etc...)

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
man, if you wanna compare dings, i'll bring my supra instead...i have ton's of dings and dent on that thing. i need to take pics of it before it goes to the body shop...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
90 Integra

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Here are directions:

(from San Jose)
101North to Whipple Ave exit (just as you see the Putnam Lexus sign on your left).

Do two blocks to Industrial Ave, and head north until you see the Breuners/Best-Buy Parking lot.

(from San Francisco)
101South to Brittan Ave exit (Near Liberate/Old-Circle-Star-Theater) go one block to Industrial Ave and head south until you see the Bruners/Best-Buy Parking lot.

I SUGGEST THAT EVERYONE PARK AT THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE BREUNERS AREA SINCE THE BEST BUY PARKING LOT IS VERY FULL ON WEEKENDS. THE SOUTHWEST AREA FACES INDUSTRIAL AND IS NEAR THE PARKING LOT ENTRANCE.

I am doing this all from memory, so if I messed up any details, someone please correct me!!!

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
maybe you should post the address so some guys can just yahoo map it or something. just a suggestion...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
90 Integra

·
11,061 Posts
Just remember, we want pictures! PLEEEEEZZZZ?

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
we still didn't get any pics from you...so why should we send you some of us???

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
90 Integra

1 - 20 of 64 Posts