Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, anyone from the SF Bay Area??? If so, we should organize a meeting so we can all stare at our beautiful cars...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Anybody want to take charge of organizing a meet ? I'm near San Jose myself.

--k

Originally posted by nemesiss:
SAN JO>>>>LETS MEET UP....
bay area crew..wassup....
much love
j

·
Registered
26 Posts
Originally posted by mlopes:
I'm in the East Bay...a meet would be fun...

Hey I just noticed your from Pittsburg, where by? .. I'm in Pittsburg .. and Iv'e never seen an IS300 around these parts .. only once on the freeway a blue one...Damn and I thought i'd be the only one! .. Hope it doesnt get messed up down near Pittsburg High
..LOL

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Are pepople off work for the Holidays now, or does this need to be a weekend thing?

Here is a suggestion for a meeting place:

Across the street from Great America is a tall parking garage (part of the Mariott hotel). How many people would be willing to meet on the top of that paraking garage later this week (or perhaps next weekend)???

·
Registered
26 Posts
ahh damn wait till I get mine! ..LOL I guess I'll just meet up with you when u guys have another meeting .. Damn thats gonna be hella sweet!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, GA is pretty far away from SF...how about somewhere close like Millbrae or San Bruno near airport???

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Well, here is another idea - we could meet near Putnam Lexus in Redwood City. It would be better for the north Peninsula people, but not so great for those over in the East Bay or San Jose areas...

Should we do votes? Or have different meetings?

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
hey, TEG...i like the idea about the great america place...i work right down the street from there. i think i'm leaving taiwan on thursday the 21st. this one week trip has been draggin out for over 4 weeks now =(.

if you guys do this, lemme know via email teg. you still have my email right??? i may not be able to check the internet until i get back. i'll try tho...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Hey HyperMKIV - if you are leaving on the 21st, would you like to meet there on
Tuesday 19th at Lunchtime (12 noon) ???

After a while, we could head across the street to Togo's or something.

If so, anyone else could try to meet with us too, but I suspect the numbers would be limited being that it is middle of the day on a workday.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I can't make it this upcoming weekend. I'm heading to my parents for Christmas and New Years. I won't be back until 1/2.

--k

·
Registered
62 Posts
Originally posted by HyperMKIV:
hey, TEG...i like the idea about the great america place...i work right down the street from there. i think i'm leaving taiwan on thursday the 21st. this one week trip has been draggin out for over 4 weeks now =(.

if you guys do this, lemme know via email teg. you still have my email right??? i may not be able to check the internet until i get back. i'll try tho...

I wonder if it's you I keep seeing on Montague/San Tomas...

·
Registered
675 Posts
Great America sounds like a good place to meet. After New Year's would be better for me. Sunday's are preferred, too : )

Derek - San Bruno
01 Silver IS w/ graphite wheels, LSD and TRD front bar

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Well, I will go by that Marriott parking garage tuesday at noon to check out the location for a bigger weekend event after the new year.

If anyone wants to meet me then, great - but otherwise we will try to have a bigger event after the holidays are over.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
280 Northbound is nicest between Redwood City and Hilsborough. Between San Jose and Palo Alto is ho-hum in comparison.

If we want to organize a mini-rally (driving event), then I would propose something more like this:

280->SandHill->Hwy84->Skyline->Hwy9->Saratoga

or

280->Fremont->FoothillExpy->StevensCanyon->MtEden->Hwy9->Skyline->PageMill->PaloAlto

If we do something like that we would need to be sure to take experienced drivers only. I would not want to have someone drive their new IS300 off a cliff...

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited December 18, 2000).]

1 - 20 of 40 Posts