Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just signed up earlier today at 123cheapdomains.com. I got the domain chadsis300.com. Anyway, It saying I have to erase their "nameservers" and put the two in by my webhost. I dont know what that means. Somebody tell me what to do. I just want my own website and start setting it up. I havent ever done anything like this before. Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
You just bought a domain name. The domain name points to a nameserver. That nameserver will in turn point to an IP address that your web host will give you.

By the way, did you buy a hosting account from anyone? If not, that's the first step.

Any decent host will be able to update your domain record to point to their nameserver for you.

Typical nameservers will look like:

DNS1.NAMEOFWEBHOST.NET
DNS2.NAMEOFWEBHOST.NET

If this is your first web site, go buy Microsoft FrontPage. I'm assuming you don't know HTML. It's pretty good for beginners.

Basically, it allows you to design the site in a WYSIWYG format and it will convert it to HTML for you.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Aubie83 said:
Hey guys,
I just signed up earlier today at 123cheapdomains.com. I got the domain chadsis300.com. Anyway, It saying I have to erase their "nameservers" and put the two in by my webhost. I dont know what that means. Somebody tell me what to do. I just want my own website and start setting it up. I havent ever done anything like this before. Thanks :)
RTFM (read the fucking manual)

hahah, yeah what the guy above said.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, so with one of these, I can do everything. set it up and everything?? I am in dell host right now.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great, this thing is being a bitch. I used dellhost to host my website. And I downloaded their software trellix web edition to help me build it. Dell says its gonna take 3 to 5 days to get my domain name up and running. So they gave me a temp. site to post my images and build my site and shit. So everytime Trellix tries to publish it to the temp. it comes up site cannot be displayed. What the hell am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
s0yb0mb said:
next time go w/ pair.com as your host and leave the problems for other people.
I'm still I'm still I'm still Jenny from the block. Used to have a little, now I have a lot.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
i have no idea.. I use Pair to host, and just FTP my files up as needed... it may be low tech, but its damn easy to do.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
WTF does this have to do w/ dell? They make the hardware... you're talkin about a website right?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Aubie83 said:
Yeah, but I am going through Dell Host and Trillex is their software.
sorry brother but dell hosting sucks...I own my own web design business..

I imagine you got the 17.95 package that allows you only support via email and restricts bandwidth and storage like crazy? If you can get out I can hook you up with our privider and get you features like you wouldn't believe...unlimited email accounts etc...

if you need any help let me know....

p.s. dell has a 30 day free cancel policy...

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alright, cool. I am gonna do that. I will keep in touch with you, when I get it cancelled. :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
8 Participants
Aubie83
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing