Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read about a lot of people getting their services done at a Toyota dealer instead of a lexus dealer. Any thoughts about this? It's cheaper I assume. Does this void the warranty however since the work isn't being done at a lexus dealer? THanks.

·
Registered
472 Posts
It will not void your warranty. I don't have a local Lexus dealer, so I get a lot of services done at the Toyota dealership. Prices are usually a good bit cheaper. I did have to drive 2 hours to Lexus to get the 01 Ecu stuff done, but minor things and fluids I have done at Toyota.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Toyota dealership can perform all your maintenance services and it does not void your warranty. But anything concerning warranty work has to be done by a Lexus dealer.

·
Registered
656 Posts
It is federal law that getting your car serviced (non-warranty work only) by ANY mechanic cannot result in revoking your warranty just because you took it elsewhere, no matter what they might tell you. You do not have to go to the dealer with the make of car you own. I just got my 30k service at Toyota for my '02 IS. The Lexus in my area wanted $610. I paid $294 at the Toyota dealer. BIG difference, same OEM Toyota parts and fluids. I would go to Toyota if I were you. Lexus just does additional checks and services that are totally unnecessary. Tell Toyota exactly what you want done and nothing else. Don't say you want a 30k service. Look at your manual and decide what you need. Gray Rider is right, though, about Lexus having to do all warranty work. Toyota would know this. The Toyota dealer told me I had a leak in the water hose, but I had to take it to Lexus for warranty work. Lexus found no leak, thankfully. But I digress.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts