Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car into the Lexus dealership on Tuesday for a 5,000 mile service. This service is supposed to include an oil change, tire rotation, and a visual safety insepction. Well, I happen to have a small scratch on my front driver's side rim. After taking my car home, I noticed that the scratched rim is on the same side, still in the front. Hmmm... "this is odd", I say. I also noticed that by brakes make a "click" sound when I press the brake pedal down (not the transmission lock mechanism). So I decide to take the car back to the dealership in the morning. I asked them to look at the clicking in my brakes, and happened to ask the service person if the 5,000 mile service included a tire rotation. Confidently, he told me yes. He brought out the tech that worked on my car. He came up to me and my car, looking pretty irritated (body expression) and just told me what the noise from my brakes were before even listening to the actual noise. I got him to listen to it, and told me the same thing in a not so pleasant tone. He was beginning to irritate me, so I asked the tech if the 5,000 mile service included a tire rotation... he told me yes, and that he performed it. Then in my not so pleasant tone, I informed him about the little scratch on my rim and how it didn't move. He said, "I could've swore I did it". And with saying barely anything , he jumped in my car, and took it down to the shop (I hope).

Basically, I'm pretty worried now. The service left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. And it also makes me wonder if he
"could've swore I changed the oil", or "could've swore I tightened the brake lines". Sorry for the long post everyone... just needed to rant.

P.S. Anyone know what the "clicking" sound is when you press the brakes? The told me that Lexus designs the calipers are holding the pads loose so "they don't heat too fast", and that the noise is the sound of the calipers pressing the pads onto the disc. Hmmm...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had a BMW 750il that I took in for the 15k service. I went to Las Vegas after that, and half way there, found out that they had forgotten to refill the power steering fluid after they drained it. Makes you wonder what else they forget to do.

·
Registered
571 Posts
it's one thing if they mess up on your service, but it is fu$king annoying when they give you attitude about it when you ask.

if they had done it right in the first place, then there wouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, it was Lexus of Seattle. Another thing... when I bought the car, the people there told me they had a loaner fleet of RX300s and ES300s. They also told me that Bellevue doesn't have this, and only has Corollas. Turns out, they gave me a Cherokee (not even a "Grand" Cherokee. But in all fairness, the guy at the Service Desk was very nice. The tech was the one who needed a cigarette or something.
Originally posted by lowprofile:
DJ, was that Lexus of Bellevue?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
DJ
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing