Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally pick up my new 2003 Sport Design GGP tomorrow. I can't sleep I'm so excited. All of your help and posts have been great, and I'll probably have to post a pic next week. I'll ask the dealer the following questions, but wanted to get your input too:

1. How often should I change my oil?
2. What services are free? (Lexus Girl said the 5K one is, any others?)
3. My car was a demo so it has 1900 miles on it, do I need to break-in the engine?
4. How often should I rotate the tires?

My first mod?...snow tires!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Contrats, and the answers to your questions:

- On the service manual it recommends an oil change every 5000 miles, but most ppl like to change it every 3000 miles. If you drive your IS hard, then change it more frequently, if you drive like a grandpa like me, then you can change it @ 5000.

- The 1000 miles, and the 5000 miles service are free.

- Demo car eh.......break-in, don't bother, your engine already been broke :wink: .

- if you go to lexus for service, they should rotate your tires for you every oil change. I haven't rotated my tires yet, and I'm almost @ 15,000.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

I'm in Newton, do you drive yours in the winter? What do you do for snows? Seperate wheels and tires?

I'll be driving like gramps too, already nervous about parking it anywhere but my driveway.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I drive my car in the winter, and last winter I had on my summer tires in the snow. There were several incidents when I almost rear ended someone cause I had no traction on the ground. This year, I'm getting snow tires. From the warm weather that we've been having, I think this winter is gonna pass by quickly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.