Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have your service done at the dealer? Are there any other good places to go get the 30k mile service and/or an oil change done?

Thanks!
Laura

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I drive all the way to S.A. for my services. I will never take my car to Lex of Austin again after the way I (as well as others on this board) have been treated.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I do the oil changes my self, the dealer charges way to much, but I would take it to them over another place if I was not doing the self service. You will get a loaner, and quality work, but will have to pay a price.

On a lighter note, do you have any mods done on you car, or is it stock? Interested in coming to one of our meets? Let me know. And it is nice to see ya on the site.

Chris

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
jdogg said:
I drive all the way to S.A. for my services. I will never take my car to Lex of Austin again after the way I (as well as others on this board) have been treated.
Yea, forgot to mention, they used to treat young owners and modified car owners like shiet, I had a few words, so I am cool with them now, not sure about others.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info...looks like I will be doing my own oil changes. I just hoped to find a local shop that was trusted with other IS300s. It is a shame that a 30k mile check up at the dealer is $225. It's really just a throrough lube, oil and filter with tire rotation and brake check. As for as mods, I have only installed a Joe Z intake on my car. It is awesome and so far I havent gotten any crap from Lexus of Austin about it, which is a good thing.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I've never had any problems with Lexus of Austin. I'm pretty happy with the customer service. It seems that alone is worth more than the car. So far they're batting 1.000.

We'll see how they treat me after they find out that I started autocrossing my car! :lol:

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Lexgirl said:
Thanks for the info...looks like I will be doing my own oil changes. I just hoped to find a local shop that was trusted with other IS300s. It is a shame that a 30k mile check up at the dealer is $225. It's really just a throrough lube, oil and filter with tire rotation and brake check. As for as mods, I have only installed a Joe Z intake on my car. It is awesome and so far I havent gotten any crap from Lexus of Austin about it, which is a good thing.
Well, if you are interested, we have montly meets in Austin for our club/team/group, whatever you want to call it, drop me your email if you want more info. Check out our site as well, it is unders construction, but should be updated soon. www.teamprolexaustin.com

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm ambivalent towards Lexus of Austin service because I have had a wide range of experiences with them. I do enjoy the Lexus loaner, but that isn't a free service as the cost is built into the price of the car and service bill. It's also important to note that dealerships have huge revenue #'s generated from your standard service visits. btw, most service advisors I've dealt with knew nothing about our cars.

I plan to change my oil and accomplish all standard service tasks on my own from this point forward.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Yea, I will probably go one more time and see if they can fix that loose belt noise I have, it gets annoying!!! :chill:

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I just take my car over to The Dealer Alternative, Tony used to work for North Park Lexus of San Antonio and charge about half of what the Lexus Dealership ask for, all the techs there have been trained through Lexus and all have Lexus Cerfitcation. :wink: He also sells Akibono Cermaic Pads too :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts