Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i've probably been driving a few of you nuts with my complaints about the unbalanced front wheel. the service rep at the local dealer balanced them once and told me that the 17 inch wheels were very hard to balance and this is as good as they would get. he offered to try again, but he insisted that they would not get perfect.

i suspected that this was BS so i called the next dealership down the road and the rep there confirmed my thinking. my local dealer doesn't have the right balancing machine for these wheels. in fact he brings cars over to them to balance sometimes. so what the service rep at my local dealer meant was "this is as good as WE can get them."

this really bothers me. he never mentioned the fact that there is a better machine than they have in house. he wouldn't have lost a customer. i simply would have had the wheels balanced elsewhere and come back for all my routine service. by not being completely honest, he did lose me for good. i'd expect this from a regular mechanic or repair shop, but not from a lexus dealer. i'd expect that it's in his interest to get my car as perfect as he can. i can't wait to get the survey.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
That's frustrating for sure. Have you considered a place outside of a Lex dealership, like Goodyear or Firestone shops that specialize in that sort of job? I had an alignment done at Goodyear, saving almost $90 in the process (hit a pothole). I'd imagine they'll have all the latest equipment, seeing that's what they're in business for right?

[ May 31, 2001: Message edited by: SilverLex ]

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i decided to have my car serviced at the dealership that is further away. they offered to give me loaner car for a minor wheel balancing and while it's there check it out for the symptoms of the TRAC/ECU issues. they are being too nice to walk away from. one phone call told me that they are simply more service oriented.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Originally posted by merlin3008:
well i decided to have my car serviced at the dealership that is further away.
Tell me about it... I get all of my service done at Lexus of San Antonio... A good hour to hour-and-a-half away from my "local" dealership...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts