Lexus IS Forum banner

Server Donations?

767 views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  sacremon 
#1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade the machine this site runs and was wondering if anyone had any spare parts laying around they'd like to donate to the cause? If I told you what the server was, you'd probably laugh...

I'm looking for memory if anyone has 64mb 72pin SIMMs around.

A new motherboard and processor wouldn't be a bad idea either.

I only want it if you're not using it - and I certainly don't want anyone to buy anything...

Email me if you've got anything. Thanks!

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Yeah, SIMMs. See, I knew someone would laugh.

Originally posted by sacremon:
Actually, I think I do have 64MB of SIMMS. I think it's 2 32MB sticks of 70ns FPM. Is that what you're looking for?
No, I need 64mb sticks... The box is full of 32s...

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Thanks Rich. If its SIMMs, they have to be bigger than 32mb, like 64mb or 128mb. I'm OK on SCSI cards and drives. The current box is...a dual Pentium Pro 200...

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by BigDaddyRich:
So That explains the super lag that we experience here in NY!!
I didn't really have any problems until I upgraded the forums to version 6... Linux doesn't need much hardware to be a fast webserver.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by sacremon:
I've got a couple Celeron 433's on hand, if you can get ahold of an Abit BP6. If you're interested in something more than that, I've been toying with upgrading my dual PIII 550E (overclocked to 733) to dual 750 (overclock to whatever I can, potentially 1GHz). They're retail slot 1's.
If I had a choice, I'd rather not use the Celerons on Linux, but that's that big a deal. If you've got it to spare, I would love to use it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.