Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am in the process of rebuilding the rear end of my IS and I’ve seen a few different options for rear arms. Most notable ones being Serialnine and Figs, the arms themselves look a bit different as are the prices. I was wondering if anyone here is running either of these sets (im talking all of it, upper and lower control arms + tractions and toe) and if anyone is, what are some things you do or dont like about the set you have? Cant find much of either on youtube and I really want to hear what other people have to say about both before pulling the trigger and ordering. Thank you :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
I have almost the full complement of Figs rear suspension parts; the only parts missing are their traction rods and upper control arms.

Springs are Eibach ProKit and dampers are Bilstein, and of course the TRD yellow ARB.

I'm extremely pleased with this setup. I was really leery of potential harshness stemming from the spherical bearings in the toe links and lower control arms - but it is quiet and smooth. The fit and finish of Figs parts is really excellent; I think the only fitment issue whatsoever was a bit of paint that needed to be filed out of one the LCA holes - which only took a minute.

The alignment process was painful because I was starting from scratch - but once I got everything tuned in - it has held alignment great. I can't speak to SerialNine stuff, but I'm very satisfied with Figs.

Last, aside from solving camber issues created by extreme lowering, I see NO reason to replace the upper control arms (adjustable ball joint control arms can fix big camber). The OEM ones are plenty strong and as light as any aftermarket ones you might buy. I see no reason at all to replace the traction rods - it's not as if you're going to alter the suspension geometry with them, so it simply comes down to strength, weight and rigidity - the OEM traction rods are good to go in all these ways when outfitted with good poly bushings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have almost the full complement of Figs rear suspension parts; the only parts missing are their traction rods and upper control arms.

Springs are Eibach ProKit and dampers are Bilstein, and of course the TRD yellow ARB.

I'm extremely pleased with this setup. I was really leery of potential harshness stemming from the spherical bearings in the toe links and lower control arms - but it is quiet and smooth. The fit and finish of Figs parts is really excellent; I think the only fitment issue whatsoever was a bit of paint that needed to be filed out of one the LCA holes - which only took a minute.

The alignment process was painful because I was starting from scratch - but once I got everything tuned in - it has held alignment great. I can't speak to SerialNine stuff, but I'm very satisfied with Figs.

Last, aside from solving camber issues created by extreme lowering, I see NO reason to replace the upper control arms (adjustable ball joint control arms can fix big camber). The OEM ones are plenty strong and as light as any aftermarket ones you might buy. I see no reason at all to replace the traction rods - it's not as if you're going to alter the suspension geometry with them, so it simply comes down to strength, weight and rigidity - the OEM traction rods are good to go in all these ways when outfitted with good poly bushings.
Thanks for you’re input. I wouldn’t normally replace the upper arms but I actually bent and cracked the rear subframe and one of the upper arms so I figured fuck it I may aswell since its all coming out anyways. Already got a good looking used subframe, brz lsd, new axles, and hubs + bearings. Kinda overkill replacing everything, I know, but I see no problem since i wanted to eventually redoo everything it has just come sooner than expected.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for you’re input. I wouldn’t normally replace the upper arms but I actually bent and cracked the rear subframe and one of the upper arms so I figured fuck it I may aswell since its all coming out anyways. Already got a good looking used subframe, brz lsd, new axles, and hubs + bearings. Kinda overkill replacing everything, I know, but I see no problem since i wanted to eventually redoo everything it has just come sooner than expected.
Plus I’m in maine and everything under there is pretty rusted anyways so it wouldnt be a bad idea to replace it all since i do plan to drift it next summer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts