Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my car along with a few other pfs cars will be at mir on sept 7th at the battle of the imports, yes I will be driving. Im asking Mo to bring his best to the track that day, will you come to the event to race me. If you decide to not show I will be running that day anyway, you could watch if you arent ready to race. No rules, just run , I am not concerned with what tires you are using or if you are spraying 100 shots of laughing gas. I think it is about time me and you put the trashtalk to rest and bring the rivalry to the drag strip.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey I like this. After about 30 some pages of discussion, maybe we can finally agree on something here.

I agree with LT&B that there shouldn't be any rules. Just race. The passive observers (like myself) can decide for themselves who won the race (based on what gas, tires, and NOS, etc. was used/not used). So if one of the cars are equipped with slicks or something, we can use that as a discount factor later (unofficially, of course). The most important thing is to agree to race, so that we can see these monster cars in action. Win-win for everyone.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
VIDEO'S, post them for those who cannot make it cuz we're stuck out here on the west coast. Someone show up with a vid camera please. Thx. I would be happy to host the videos also.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DL said:
VIDEO'S, post them for those who cannot make it cuz we're stuck out here on the west coast. Someone show up with a vid camera please. Thx. I would be happy to host the videos also.
There will be plenty of those.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
hell ya ! lottsa video from different angles !
in car vids too !
just to make the SRT spankin more fun to watch !!! and none of that " cant see shit anymore coz the car`s too far away" shit either ! i wanna see the PFS car zoom by the finish !

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
fusion said:
in car vids too !
just to make the SRT spankin more fun to watch !!! and none of that " cant see sh*t anymore coz the car`s too far away" sh*t either ! i wanna see the PFS car zoom by the finish !
If it really is the "bring the best you got" with no rules and no BS then you will be very dissapointed with the results of the race.

·
Registered
355 Posts
lil' IS 300 said:
fusion said:
in car vids too !
just to make the SRT spankin more fun to watch !!! and none of that " cant see sh*t anymore coz the car`s too far away" sh*t either ! i wanna see the PFS car zoom by the finish !
If it really is the "bring the best you got" with no rules and no BS then you will be very dissapointed with the results of the race.
sorry to say but if L&B is running 11's so that means SRT needs to run
10's so no matter what any one says the better driver will win at the end
or
SRT has a THE FIRST 10second is300 witch could be
but to have a 10 second car you need a 10second driver evey one must understand this

so no matter if SRT wins of PFS i think they are both great turbo kits

but non of these are are just the kit these are fully built race cars almost

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I would strongly suggest that you all make rules: pump gas only, slicks or no slicks, etc... In the end someone will get whooped and then the arguing will start about, "Well, I didn't have slicks, if I did, I would have won." Or even if the race is close, the same arguement about, well I would have won will still be valid. Stupid shit like that will start.

Make the rules and make them simple.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
:lol:

Sorry...I thought someone said the race was going to happen on sept 7th
I must be mistaken.......

Ill be there if it does happen

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lil' IS 300 said:
fusion said:
in car vids too !
Doesnt look like well even need to make any rules considering no one has verified they will run yet. Anyway the reason I didnt want to get into rules, and simply say bring your best is because if we decide to set rules then this race will never happen. Both sides will go back an forth forever, so I just say lets race, its all for a fun rivalry , not nopi nationals, I dont care i guess ill just be competing with other pfs cars.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
is300hottie said:

Sorry...I thought someone said the race was going to happen on sept 7th
I must be mistaken.......

Ill be there if it does happen
i'll be there too....definatly wouldnt miss this...with video camera in hand, and would have it online the same day, i guarentee that!!

hell, i might even race that day myself... 8)

·
.net superior m.f.
23,266 Posts
ltuned&boosted said:
Me and my car along with a few other pfs cars will be at mir on sept 7th at the battle of the imports, yes I will be driving. Im asking Mo to bring his best to the track that day, will you come to the event to race me. If you decide to not show I will be running that day anyway, you could watch if you arent ready to race. No rules, just run , I am not concerned with what tires you are using or if you are spraying 100 shots of laughing gas. I think it is about time me and you put the trashtalk to rest and bring the rivalry to the drag strip.
makes me wish i had an alcohol burning funny car to wrap an IS cover over!! :lol:

if we get a 10 sec IS out of this race, that would be sweet! (i've seen enough 10 sec supras to last me a lifetime already)

i will be there to try for mid 11s!!

ML

1 - 20 of 26 Posts