Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Etrnal168 said:
I don't think the new IS belongs here. Do you?
i think the reason why the administrators of this site renamed it from is300.net to my.is was to accommodate the new is250/350.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I really don't think we need another entire website for the new IS. Nobody should be that offended by the new "more mature" IS.

Maybe the most we should do is have a new catagory within the forum list for IS250/350's. I think most of the other websites/forums I see just renamed their forum IS250/300/350... and still have all the chat together in one forum. But they don't get the same traffic as here. I think having one forum would foster a better online community.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
MDLEX389 said:
i think the reason why the administrators of this site renamed it from is300.net to my.is was to accommodate the new is250/350.
Yuppers.

·
Registered
210 Posts
A Second Generation IS forum should have been created a long time ago like clublexus.com.

After all this forum you are posting to is called IS300 > General Discussion.

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
It is in the plans to have two separate sections.
There is an upgrade to the Vb bulletin software. Wiht the lauch of the new software, you will see the two separate forums.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
938 Posts
Crester said:
Maybe the most we should do is have a new catagory within the forum list for IS250/350's. I think most of the other websites/forums I see just renamed their forum IS250/300/350... and still have all the chat together in one forum. But they don't get the same traffic as here. I think having one forum would foster a better online community.
Yea I think eventually that I will have to happen once more people start buying the new IS's and come on here. Maybe have a 1st Gen and 2nd Gen General Discussion at some point, probably don't need it yet but in time I think I will probably get confusing in here.

·
Banned
295 Posts
I was thinking about a second website too. Dont like the new 250 and 350 and dont want them mixin with my 300.

Entropy

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
entropy said:
I was thinking about a second website too. Dont like the new 250 and 350 and dont want them mixin with my 300.

Entropy
Grow up!!! :pissed:

·
Registered
159 Posts
One simple alternative would be to have a checkbox available upon creating a new thread with 2-3 options 300, 250, 350. This could also be left blank for non specific threads. Then associate a small icon for each and display it in the thread title. This would be especially helpful in the modifications section of the forums. Just an idea to help from completly splitting up the site.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
In addition to the aforementioned name change (to my.is), there will be a few additional forums. Also, some forums will have "thread icons" enabled that allow you to choose which version your thread is about (this is for those forums that are NOT split between the two generations). You will be able to sort and search based on these icons.

All coming soon...

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
just noticed there is a new forum, for IS350 too

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When you say a new forum, do you mean a new "section", such as General Discussion, Go Faster, etc.., or do you mean an entire new forum, almost like a new website?

The reason I ask is if only a new section is created, then what happens when people try to search on the basis of keywords when they do not want the IS250/350 results to be mixed with the current IS, especially if it is technically related.

·
Banned
295 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Even though I don't like the new IS I will welcome anyone that has one simply for the fact that it is something they like. I do think they should have their own section though. This way they could talk about all the DIY's and mod info amongst each other.

EDIT: Just looked at the new IS350/250 section and it looks like you have to have a verification of ownership to get into that section. I think that section should be for anyone and everyone to post in.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
SilentAttack said:
EDIT: Just looked at the new IS350/250 section and it looks like you have to have a verification of ownership to get into that section. I think that section should be for anyone and everyone to post in.
Yes, that's how the OWNER'S forums are supposed to be.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts