Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.speedvision.com/pub/articles/automotive/02INews/001031a.html
Ford Focus FR200
"The FR200 is a highly modified Focus ZX3 that includes a whole raft of special pieces intended to get enthusiasts salivating. It's powered by a turbocharged, intercooled, 2.0-liter Zetec four-cylinder engine that Ford Racing has breathed upon heavily. It cranks out 304 hp @ 6750 rpm, with 285 lbs. ft. of torque @ 3500 rpm. That's more than double the numbers for the stock engine, and suspiciously close to the output of Ford's Focus WRC World Rally Championship cars."

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
from the front, that thing reminds me of those little "penny racers" they used to have when i was a kid. kind of looks like a new celica penny racer.

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra
86 Corolla GTS (AE86)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Kind of looks like a piece of crap with a body kit.. although I have to say that Ford has finally done something right.. if you can't make a technologically superior engine, make it stronger and just turbocharge it..

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
it kinda looks like a shopping cart or baby carriage, and 300hp is kinda weak, but atleast it is turbocharged.
is it AWD, if not it should be.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Originally posted by oh-dawg:
if you can't make a technologically superior engine, make it stronger and just turbocharge it..
hey...that DOHC zetec engine does pretty well for its size...considering it was made almost totally by ford for ford. and thanks to the focus, the zetec contour owners are getting lots of engine goodies available to them at a reasonable cost.

; )

------------------
IS 300 ???
Not yet, but maybe soon....

1995 Ford Contour Zetec GL -- Modded

http://www.contour.org

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by IS300GTE:
it kinda looks like a shopping cart or baby carriage, and 300hp is kinda weak, but atleast it is turbocharged.
is it AWD, if not it should be.
300hp Weak? On a car that size? You must be one those turbo sport bike racers then...

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

1 - 6 of 6 Posts