Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm swapping out my 4 stock Bridgestone Potenza RE040 summer tires for some all seasons (too much cold and snow in PA). Size 215/45/17.

The Bridgestones have 2600 miles on them and they have been babied (6 miles to work).

Before I put them on ebay I thought I would try here. Tirerack lists them at $180 per tire plus shipping. I'll sell them for $120 per tire plus shipping.

email: [email protected]

[This message has been edited by cardinal_creek (edited December 21, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Agent Smith:

What replacement are you getting?Dunlop, Yoke, Toyo?
A/S,
I'm going with Pirelli P7000 Supersports. Believe it or not, that is the ONLY choice in the "ultra high performance all season (Z-rated)" category for the 215/45/17 size.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think I heard that Toyo has an all season H-rated tire that fits. But you can't buy on tire-rack. I haven't heard too many good things about the P7000 - but I have never driven them.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by hurricane:
I think I heard that Toyo has an all season H-rated tire that fits. But you can't buy on tire-rack. I haven't heard too many good things about the P7000 - but I have never driven them.
I felt that H-rated would be too much of a dip in performance. I don't know if those customer comments on tirerack are bullsh!t or not, but they had good things to say about the Pirellis (probably written by tirerack staff
).

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I think you can get the Nitto NT450's, Toyo FZ4's, or even the Yokahama AVS or Parada's, but you'll be much happier with the Pirelli's.

Mark

Originally posted by cardinal_creek:
A/S,
I'm going with Pirelli P7000 Supersports. Believe it or not, that is the ONLY choice in the "ultra high performance all season (Z-rated)" category for the 215/45/17 size.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm riding on 225/40/16's on my miata, Dunlop Sp9000's and I'll tell ya, they ride very nicely, handled the wet weather better than I expected it to..don't know about snow though, wouldn't take my baby out there..
Ed

------------------
1999 TL Non/Nav, Satin Silver/Ebony, Comptech Springs,Comptech Exhaust, Inspire tails, Air filter, Guy Smiley as my Co-driver...many many more..
1999 Miata Touring, RB springs, Koni adjustables, RB intake, RB roll bar, BBS RV 16x7 on 225/40/16 Sp9000's, Kickin' sound system, soon to have headers and BSP dual exhaust..Click here to see

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey JAWS, I saw your topic - I guess you wanted to give me a little friendly competition.

I got my Pirellis installed today - what a difference in winter weather traction. I'll miss my summer tires in the summer though.

Anyway, I guess Christmas time is not the best time to be selling slightly used summer tires. If no one expresses interest I'll just hold on to them. I'm sure there will be buyers in the Spring and Summer as people's original tires wear out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Cardinal Creek,
I was not meaning to compete, I apologize for that. All I know is I tried driving this past week and it was brutal with the ice and snow. I lease the car, so I do not want to invest $1050 in a winter wheel and tire package. I figure the P7000 SS will last for the remaining portion of the lease and give more than adequate year round performance.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by JAWS:
Cardinal Creek,
I was not meaning to compete, I apologize for that. All I know is I tried driving this past week and it was brutal with the ice and snow. I lease the car, so I do not want to invest $1050 in a winter wheel and tire package. I figure the P7000 SS will last for the remaining portion of the lease and give more than adequate year round performance.
JAWS, No big deal (you saw my smiley face) - hopefully, we will both be able to sell them eventually to offset the cost of the Pirellis...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
cardinal_creek
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing