Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been covered before. I've purchased a seibon hood for my IS. My main concern is there any issues with hooking up the windshield wiper
fluid squirters. Second concern is there any issues with the hood latch or hook transferring to the new hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I can't say much from having any experience with the x50 Seibon Hoods, but I remember some friends having Seibon hoods for their IS300 that didn't have the windshield washer holes. While one of friends had to file the holes a bit bigger to fit them in there. Assuming there should be holes, it should be an easy install. The washer squirters should snap right in, then reattach the hoses.

Also, it's a peace of mind to have hood pins as an extra safety measure. Generally, it's not 100% safe to trust the hood latch of any aftermarket CF hood or fiberglass hood for that matter.

You can purchase Aerocatch hood locks which look the cleanest in my opinion.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm curious how it would fit also since I would like to get a CF hood sometime in the future.

Looking forward to see how yours comes out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got my hood in last weekend.

The washer holes may need to be enlarged. The holes that come with it are meant for the small size washer and not the medium like the IS has. A drill bit or dremel will work for making the holes bigger. Take your time doing this.

The bolts for the hood that were installed through the wood are the bolts you will use to bolt to your hinges. The OEM bolts will not fit. The holes may be located slightly differently that the OEM holes on the OEM hood. You can still make it fit. You will need larger washers for the smaller bolts so they dont pull through the hinges.

The OEM lock on the IS will need to be adjsut because Seibon uses a universal latch for the hoods.

I talked to an installer about all of this and this is what he told me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
PS: This is the installation for and IS300. Not sure if it will be the same for your car.

·
Registered
81 Posts
hood fitment

I just put on a Seibon cf hood on my is300 and I am having fitment issues already. The driver side front corner by the headlight is not flush and that is after I lowered the hood latch about an inch. Before I lowered the latch the hood sat about 1.5 inches high after latching. I don't know if the areo catch hood latched will help me unless I install them on the edges of the hood and I don't think that will look very good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Fitment has always been a issue with Seibon. The clear coat on mine started hazing in less than two weeks. And car is always garaged and parked under the shade at work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts