Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

so I'm seeking advice on a few things...

I recently just installed a pair of Audioque SD 2.5's ...and built a 3.5 cubic foot sealed box for them...I noticed some rattle coming from the inside of my trunk at higher volumes and I noticed my amp is getting vibrated and pushed up off the box like a centimeter or so when bass notes hit...and I also noticed my amp is getting extremely hot...it's mounted on the top of my sub box about 3 or 4 inches from the top of the trunk...I know how to stop it from being moved...but I'm wondering if I can mount it somewhere else to keep it a lil bit cooler...

I have a JL 1000/1...so any suggestions would be appreciated =)...

Also, my rear speakers make a terrible popping noise as soon as I hit volume 30 on my d3...I think it has something to do with the woofer excursion, but I'm not sure...I thought I had turned the bass way way way down on my amp that is running the rear speakers...is their anyway to completely eliminate them from hitting bass notes, and will it effect the listening experience at all as far as midbass is concerned?

·
Registered
601 Posts
1. turn down the bass on the rear speakers.. their SHOULD be an option on the stereo for it... I have an equalizer, so it makes things alot easier... (perfectionist lol)

2. if thats not an option for u, head to the local car audio shop and tell them, theres a resistor (or a capasitor, one or the other) that eliminates any bass through the speakers... I picked up 4 for about $10. works awesome in my old car...

3. Amps get hot. Look at exactly what an amp does, and it makes sense...
if it shuts off from getting TOO HOT, then u have to worry. I know guys who put a water cooling system in their amp, but thats only because they do bass competitions...

if you mounted it somewhere else (not on top of the box) , and there was nothing else in the trunk, u can try taking the top off, or modding it to add a 12v fan... just make sure nothing else can touch it. ever.

edit: the BASS LEVEL on the amp has NOTHING to do with the BASS LEVEL on the other speakers (unless u hooked up the speakers to the same amp as the sub is? then thats just stupid..)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
edit: the BASS LEVEL on the amp has NOTHING to do with the BASS LEVEL on the other speakers (unless u hooked up the speakers to the same amp as the sub is? then thats just stupid..)
Hehe...no didn't do that...when I said I turned the bass way way down, I meant I tuned the amp running the rear speakers to higher frequencies...not ridiculously high...but high enough as to wear I didn't think they'd be picking up bass notes...thanks for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts