Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say you're cruising on the freeway, or what ever and you come upon the exact same car as yours, maybe except for the color...do you pass by like it was not there, slow down take a peek and then pass, or pass with a quick beep on the horn, or slow right down to get a look who's driving and a thumbs up or whatever? :)

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
i used to try to give a wave or a friendly thumbs up. However, in dallas it seems the majority of the is300 owners are all old granny's or soccer moms who just kinda look at u with a weird look cuz you are waving or giving them the thumbs up. Now i'll only really make an effort is i see another modded is around.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
I have only seen one other IS around here. Looks like a cute blonde chick driving it. She don't pay no attention to me. :pissed:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
i slow down and see who's driving. there are a few teens around me with the car.....one blonde with a sportdesign always flashes me or yells out her window.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
too many ISs where i live.
i usually check out who's driving. people must wonder sometimes, when i try to catch up and check out their car, when im in my truck.
oh well.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Saw a 15 year old today in it looked like an 01 02 is with lexus chromes driving with her mom so i reved my engine because my cut out exhaust was un capped making it sound like a porsche

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've yet to pull up next to a younger driver when I find fellow IS owners in Scottsdale/Phoenix.

Are there any in this city??

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
piesfinder said:
Say you're cruising on the freeway, or what ever and you come upon the exact same car as yours, maybe except for the color...do you pass by like it was not there, slow down take a peek and then pass, or pass with a quick beep on the horn, or slow right down to get a look who's driving and a thumbs up or whatever? :)
I usually try look over and give them a *nod*
Out of like 5 IS300s I ran into - only one of them gave me a *nod* back.

The other night I ran into another IS300 on 355 heading North - it was 4am and it was empty so just me and him. I tried to get even with him but he noticed me coming up and started speeding up.

We got to the tollbooth and he waited for me and wanted a race. He had the auto and I have 5 speed - we took it up to 100 mph ++ and I won.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
i usually dont acknowledge IS drivers if they are too old..alot of people in my area have IS's and most ofthem are old and wrinkled. I have seen very few younger lower 20 - mid 20 year olds driving around. Usually if i see another IS owner..ill pass them real fast.

·
11,061 Posts
I usually wave or flash the high beams to say "HI". Usually get a positive response...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts