Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
don't know a lot about the tech info on my car-

what have you heard about the ability to defeat the IS 300's factory security system? in a high theft area like socal, will it suffice? or should i get an aftermarket system? seems like all stereo/alarm shops are a bit biased since they make a living installing aftermarket. anyone lost an IS to a car thief on this board?

didn't see any recent alarm info in the mobiltronic forum, so i'm putting this in general discussion

just got a black 02 w/ nav and want to keep it!

thanks for any info!

-Max

·
Registered
425 Posts
hmmm dunno much about the security but in my opinion it SUX..... (i luv the car but some things i wish they would change/add)

anyways.... the alarm will not go if your windows are cracked so yeah... go get that aftermarket one if you plan on keeping it safe

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
you could add on to the factory alarm add sensors and stuff so when someone hits the car or break the windows the alarm will sound
luxury motorworks are one of the places that can do that, and you could sign up for their meet right now and get it a lot cheaper like half the price

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
there was a topic about how the lexus alarm system is one of the best, (proven but some automotive test/inspection) but hey i went and got an aftermarket alarm anyway

·
8,849 Posts
ChinoXS203 said:
there was a topic about how the lexus alarm system is one of the best, (proven but some automotive test/inspection) but hey i went and got an aftermarket alarm anyway
Lexus immobilizer is an effective option, however the OEM security system is very lacking. A simple break of the door handle and pulling on the lock will disengage it. Getting the car started afterwards is a whole different issue.

CompuStar is the recommended brand in the Mobiltroincs forum.
Remote start option is a reason itself to get a complete aftermarket security system! :p

·
Registered
15,540 Posts
the security system does not protect items left inside your car... the security system will however make it pretty much impossible to start your car.

If they want the whole car, they will have to tow it away...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts