Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you have been reading my posts, you may know that I have some issues with my new/used 01 IS.

I dont know where to post this problem, so I will post it here.

When I start my car the Security light flashes, and keeps flashing, every now and then it will go out, but for the most part it just keeps on flashing.

Any Ideas?

Chris

·
8,880 Posts
I think it reports you the last code why it was triggered.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Go to Lexus and have the key and alarm reprogrammed. I had an issue with this and was fixed....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fuct said:
it means your car is stolen...................
The car was stolen... by the bank that financed it! I bought it from a broker that buys repos. I the bought the car cheap! > $18k with 30k miles. No accidents, no body damage,interior in great condition.

But really, the fact that it could truly be a stolen vehicle is highly doubtful since the key starts the car and the title matches the VIN.

What would have caused this to happen?

Chris

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
sometimes unplugging the ecu and the alarm code would need to be reprogrammed. go to lexus it is still under warrenty. Tell them that your alarm security blinks while the car is on and while you drive. It needs to be reprogrammed.

·
8,880 Posts
AntzLexusIS said:
sometimes unplugging the ecu and the alarm code would need to be reprogrammed. go to lexus it is still under warrenty. Tell them that your alarm security blinks while the car is on and while you drive. It needs to be reprogrammed.
Many of us have unplugged the ECU. It doesn't do it.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
No what I mean is the ecu may need to be reprogrammed with new security code for the car. The ecu may not be recognizing stock alarm. I had a new ecu put in my car by Lexus and I had this problem. They wounded putting back the original. I had a problem with my cruise control and they thought it was my ecu. So when they put the new one and I was about to leave the dealer I saw it blinking after starting my car. they tried to reprogram the security code. Thats why I asked for my original to be put in because after putting the new ecu the cruise still didn't work. Putting back my original ecu and no blinkin security code

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
No what I mean is the ecu may need to be reprogrammed with new security code for the car. The ecu may not be recognizing stock alarm. I had a new ecu put in my car by Lexus and I had this problem. They wounded putting back the original. I had a problem with my cruise control and they thought it was my ecu. So when they put the new one and I was about to leave the dealer I saw it blinking after starting my car. they tried to reprogram the security code. Thats why I asked for my original to be put in because after putting the new ecu the cruise still didn't work. Putting back my original ecu and no blinkin security code

1 - 10 of 10 Posts