Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i don't know if this is a go faster problem or a regular strange problem. this problem started yesterday, when i went to start the car, the car didn't start, then i noticed that the security light was still blinking when the key was in the ignition. i reseted the ecu, it didn't work, so i tried other keys didn't work...then all of a sudden the valet key i used it started. i thought it was just a fluke, then it happened to me again today. my car is turbocharged, im not sure if these have anything to do with the problem it may?...but heres my setup 1000cc inj, tec3, electromotive dfu, dual fuel pump,gte style intake manifold

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Willie, the only thing I can think of is that your key most likely lost thier program and they have to be reinitialized. B ut with your set up, it could be something else.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
hmmmm...yeah, its possible on the master keys that their chip lost its settings....but the valet would still work....thats the only thing I can think of....

If it still doesnt work, you would need to re-program your master keys..

search: Lextech1

he posted how to do it, or stop by my mod friendly dealer anytime and I can have one of my tech's do it for you..

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow it happened to me again........got stranded at wawa gas station for 1 hour and a half.......it finally started but how embarassing:(

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
took 1 hr and a half to START the car?

what exactly u doing when you start it?

perhaps you are flooding it?

dammnnnnnn

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
took 1 hr and a half to START the car?

what exactly u doing when you start it?

perhaps you are flooding it?

dammnnnnnn
i have no clue, i just got fed up tried to start a couple times and it started ......all i know is that i can't hear the fuel pumps

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
i have no clue, i just got fed up tried to start a couple times and it started ......all i know is that i can't hear the fuel pumps
well thats something different.....now we are getting somewhere...

the fuel pumps should prime as soon as you turn the key to the ON position, try to do that at least, wait like 5 seconds, then try to turn it over...otherwise, you might have a loose connection to the fuel pumps or blew a fuse perhaps...

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well thats something different.....now we are getting somewhere...

the fuel pumps should prime as soon as you turn the key to the ON position, try to do that at least, wait like 5 seconds, then try to turn it over...otherwise, you might have a loose connection to the fuel pumps or blew a fuse perhaps...
yea i wasn't hearing the pumps but heres the strange part..........when it actually started i didn't hear the pumps either

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Sound like what Marc said, low psi in the fuel rails.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
it is NOT a fuse, or the pumps IF the car started and you drove it more than a few miles.

my security light blinks constantly, car on or off, key in or out. it has been this way ever since my AEM went in. i never figured it out. it doesnt affect anyhting, but it sure is annoying blinking while driving. id say it has something to do with your tec3 wiring. recheck the wiring

willie, do you have a push button start?

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it is NOT a fuse, or the pumps IF the car started and you drove it more than a few miles.

my security light blinks constantly, car on or off, key in or out. it has been this way ever since my AEM went in. i never figured it out. it doesnt affect anyhting, but it sure is annoying blinking while driving. id say it has something to do with your tec3 wiring. recheck the wiring

willie, do you have a push button start?
the security light is gone when im driving or rather once it started, no push button start, it is however strange because this just started happening friday,and i've had the car for 2 months,and i do not hear the pumps anymore when the key is in the "on" position, before this started happening you could always hear the pumps when its in the "on" position

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
if the pumps werent on, you wouldnt be driving. you could have one pump down. you could have debris in the line somewhere, a number of things. first, id take out your seat seat and see whats doing with the fuel pumps.

do you know what your fuel pressure is reading?

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if the pumps werent on, you wouldnt be driving. you could have one pump down. you could have debris in the line somewhere, a number of things. first, id take out your seat seat and see whats doing with the fuel pumps.

do you know what your fuel pressure is reading?
i have no clue what it is right now because theres no fuel psi hooked up to it

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
^you dont have a fuel pressure gauge near the rail? i thougth i saw one on your car?

·
Registered
99 Posts
any update to this?

I installed the AEM standalone did a brief tune @ 8lbs shut the car off and it didn't want to start. Fuel pressure was not going anywhere over 0. After a few grueling trys and stepping on the gas it finally started, got home parked in my garage and now it wont start at all. I don't hear the fuel pump prime or anything. I even took the AEM off and returned to stock ecu and still no start. My security light is on when key is in the ignition, everything else works just no fuel pressure and car will not start. It cranks like no other but fails to turn over. I have tried everything from turning the key to on position and waiting then cranking, but everything has failed. Worked just fine on the stock ecu before I installed the AEM. Now nothing. :confused: :confused: :confused:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts