Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I recently found the secret menu and did an overide so I can use my navi while driving. I am wondering are there any other cool features that are hidden on this secret menu. Also another questions is someone on the site mentioned that you can get the updated map information and still use the old firmware of the 2006 navigation so that you can install the updated navi but preserve the "use while driving" hack. I was wondering if someone knew how to do this and could explain it to me. Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
SO I recently found the secret menu and did an overide so I can use my navi while driving. I am wondering are there any other cool features that are hidden on this secret menu. Also another questions is someone on the site mentioned that you can get the updated map information and still use the old firmware of the 2006 navigation so that you can install the updated navi but preserve the "use while driving" hack. I was wondering if someone knew how to do this and could explain it to me. Thanks.
I beg u, tells us more about "use while driving" secret menu function.. :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
is the inscreen hack only good for that specific trip. Once you turn the car off it resets and you'll have to hack it the next time you get in the car?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Its up up down down left right left right gas break dip........

j.p

Hit MENU button on the right side of screen you should come to this window.

Click on Volume. Once in the Volume MENU, click on top left where the picture of the speaker is

Then Click on bottom left (I know there's nothing there but click on it

Then Click on top left again, the picture of the speaker

Then Click on the bottom left again

It should bring you the SERVICE MENU

Once here, click on OVERRIDE but keep holding it til you here a beep. Once you hear a beep, the OVERRIDE should be highlighted like below.

You MUST do this everytime you start your car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replace IS250 standard unit for Navigation unit.

Hi IS 250/350 users,

I am new here and have a big question. I hope someone knows the answer. I bought a IS250 08/2007 without navigation and want to replace the standard unit(without navigation) for a Lexus IS350 navigation unit. Before I start this adventure I have some qusetions. Do anyone know if the standard Lexus, without navigation has all needed connectors and wires to replace the standard unit for a navigation unit. ? Do anyone know if Lexus use the same navigation system for US models and European models ?
Lat Quistion. Where can I find the DVD unit of the IS250/350 navigation. Is this a separate navigation unit or must I use the stand (6) DVD player ?

I hope there is someone who can help me out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unsure myself but the easiest way would be to pull the headunit out and check the population of the plugs. most important would be the speed pulse wire

Hi IS 250/350 users,

I am new here and have a big question. I hope someone knows the answer. I bought a IS250 08/2007 without navigation and want to replace the standard unit(without navigation) for a Lexus IS350 navigation unit. Before I start this adventure I have some qusetions. Do anyone know if the standard Lexus, without navigation has all needed connectors and wires to replace the standard unit for a navigation unit. ? Do anyone know if Lexus use the same navigation system for US models and European models ?
Lat Quistion. Where can I find the DVD unit of the IS250/350 navigation. Is this a separate navigation unit or must I use the stand (6) DVD player ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi IS 250/350 users,

I think you'll be better off selling your current car and getting one with it already installed...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts