Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. Well i will most likely be moving up to Downtown Seattle within this year. I'll probably be attending University of Washington and well i was wondering what you guys do to keep ur cars nice and shiny. Do u guys have beater cars? I hear it hails a little every winter. Does your car get chips and such from the hail? Im not sure if i'll be taking my IS with me but i sure want to so long it doesn't get banged up. Also parking at UW is supposed to be a hassel and well i heard about bus ports where you park ur car and take a bus to school. Anyways any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
my younger sis just moved up to bellevue. :( at least for right now she said it's relatively warm & sunny...

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha thats funny i was just in Bellevue a week ago visiting the college and visiting friends and such. It was nice and sunny. Also did you know that supposedly Southern California got more rain than Seattle last year.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Bennyboy said:
haha thats funny i was just in Bellevue a week ago visiting the college and visiting friends and such. It was nice and sunny. Also did you know that supposedly Southern California got more rain than Seattle last year.

ya that is true. today is sunny and about 70. Snow very rare. Lots of rain from dec-may. last few years rain has been pretty light. When la nina hit us we went 112 days straight of rain. Weather is crazy up here with the convergance zone.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
I will be moving there in a couple months myself

weather sucks, I will come back to the midwest :lol:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
I will be moving there in a couple months myself

weather sucks, I will come back to the midwest :lol:

I rather rain than snow. last year it got below freezing I think 4 times. other that it sits in the low high 40's to low 50's in dec-jan strats to warm up after that.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
maxxpsi said:
I rather rain than snow. last year it got below freezing I think 4 times. other that it sits in the low high 40's to low 50's in dec-jan strats to warm up after that.
thats not so bad

Here it is always cold

Korea was cold as hell as well ....

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
maxxpsi said:
i guess that's not so bad. my sis said bellevue was beautiful... :)

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
112 straight days of rain is a no way. Are you serious? How do u keep ur car clean? Does the weather affect your emotions and attitude. I think if i didn't see the sun for soo long don't you feel sad? WEll i guess i'll find out sooner or later. hmmm

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Bennyboy said:
112 straight days of rain is a no way. Are you serious? How do u keep ur car clean? Does the weather affect your emotions and attitude. I think if i didn't see the sun for soo long don't you feel sad? WEll i guess i'll find out sooner or later. hmmm

relax

its rain you will learn to like it :lol:

Try living with a bunch of people that look nothing like you, don't speak you language, eat wierd food etc...

Now that is depressing

if I can handle 14 months of that...you will be ok

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Bennyboy said:

that was a record and a freak of nature. last few years we have been getting less and less rain. actually starting to orry about drought conditions. Weird southern cali has been getting the rain.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah im not like freaking about 112 days of rain cuz i know its not likely but i have spent a summer in China with no Chinese so i kinda know what its like IMPRIMIS. But i mean when its not sunny down here in SO cal its kinda depressing. Dont worry ill get used to it. What about ur cars? Do they wear down faster. I mean like paint and such. Interior as well i mean with getting into the car and water getting over the seats or what not? Thanks for all the quick replies

·
Registered
291 Posts
I grew up in Bellevue. Lived there for 19 years. Seattle is an amazing place. I kind of want to create my own place now, but otherwise I'd move there in a heartbeat. Downtown near the water is great, science center always has something going on (concerts and whatnot). Football and baseball stadiums right now to each other. It's more cloudy/overcast than actual rain. Usually mists, nothing crazy. It rains more in Boston on a normal basis than it does Seattle. Seattle is just more constant. The summers are amazing. Green all over the place, 70's and 80's. 2 big fun lakes. San Juan islands just an hour or so north (nice getaway place). Skiing in the mountains about an hour east.

Am I hyping it up for you? It really is an amazing place. I miss it a lot now actually talking about it :)

The lack of sun will definetly take some getting use to, that's for sure, but you'll be fine. Keeping the car clean..........garage? If street parking, just take it a coin car wash every week and just give it a quick rinse. 2 bucks if that. $8-10 a month? I think you'll manage. Just drop the picture messaging off your cell plan :)

·
Registered
941 Posts
No issues keeping my car clean!

I wash it once a week, wax it once every month in the summer, every other month in the winter.

I think Washington is one of th best places to live. For example, Bellevue is only 45 minutes away from the slopes (snoqualmie pass). Go a little further east (about 3 hours), and you are in a nice dry, warm, flat, desert climate... eastern washington.

We have awesome lakes, and tons of crystal clear, warm sunny days in the summer. It's a very scenic place to live.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats awesome guys and yes you guys are getting my hyped up i kinda can't wait to move there. I was there a week ago and i went to this place it had a waterfall and a hotel right next to the waterfall it was pretty cool. I also went on one of the duck boats you see driving around down town. We went in the lake and it was pretty embarassing but it was kool. I hear Snoqualimie has some awesome slopes. Anyways thanks for all the advice. How bout a beater that i can take up the mountain? Old 4 runner?

·
Registered
10,731 Posts
My house is on a grvel dirt road, so keeping my car clean is an arduous task...I should be ashamed. As a matter of fact, the Main reason I am buying a house is to get off that damn road...

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
ilikenascar said:
I grew up in Bellevue. Lived there for 19 years. Seattle is an amazing place. I kind of want to create my own place now, but otherwise I'd move there in a heartbeat. Downtown near the water is great, science center always has something going on (concerts and whatnot). Football and baseball stadiums right now to each other. It's more cloudy/overcast than actual rain. Usually mists, nothing crazy. It rains more in Boston on a normal basis than it does Seattle. Seattle is just more constant. The summers are amazing. Green all over the place, 70's and 80's. 2 big fun lakes. San Juan islands just an hour or so north (nice getaway place). Skiing in the mountains about an hour east.

Am I hyping it up for you? It really is an amazing place. I miss it a lot now actually talking about it :)

The lack of sun will definetly take some getting use to, that's for sure, but you'll be fine. Keeping the car clean..........garage? If street parking, just take it a coin car wash every week and just give it a quick rinse. 2 bucks if that. $8-10 a month? I think you'll manage. Just drop the picture messaging off your cell plan :)
wowee. man, that sounds amazing. i definitely plan on visiting, so i can't wait to see all this in person. :) i was just afraid that my sis would get homesick, since she's such a so cal girl...

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
bum_hater said:
You need to accelerate your plans. You've been dragging your ass for too long this is obvious.
:suspiciou

Who the hell is this?

Dragging my feet

You come deal with the things I am dealing with here...then we can talk

:lol:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.