Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been considering putting my name on the list for a 2002 manual IS... I was wondering if anyone has had any luck finding any good deals here in WA or the northwest? Thanks for any info you have!

·
11,061 Posts
Well, there's not much choice for dealerships near Seattle...Bellevue and Tacoma (Fife)are owned by the same guy. Lynnwood (Lexus of Seattle)is the other one. Dunno. I expect that it won't be easy getting a fabulous deal until the car has been out for a few months. The key is to not look eager. Here's what I would do: Just wander in and kick the tires. Test drive the 2001 and then yack about really preferring a manual..play stupid a little and see if the salesman offers the manual...and then see what the price differential really is...if there is a break for putting a down payment on it now or of waiting is better.

Of course, you could always go to the Fife dealership and see the guy I bought mine from...tell him I said he'd cut you a deal (he made enough off of me) and see if he bites...
At least the sales tax is a little lower down there over the county line.

[ June 05, 2001: Message edited by: SeattleSheila ]

·
Registered
509 Posts
Sheila.. hi. i have a question.. since u live in seattle..

have u had a chance to get that ECU upgrade in seattle area???

coz the upgrade is not available in Vancouver or Canada.. so i am thinking of going to seattle to get it fixed..

if yes, can you please leave the email of the dealer in the seattle area??
coz i am going down to seattle recently i think...... so.. thanks for helping

·
Registered
89 Posts
bellevuemcse-
Call up Lexus of Bellevue and ask to speak to Ken Larson. He is my cousin. Just let him know that Willy told you to call. Ill let him know you will be calling.

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
I actually found the best price at Lexus of Seattle, but the guy's there were almost on the edge of being rude, and didn't take as a serious buyer or something, so I went 45 miles out my way to go to Fife and got what I wanted, and they were really nice to me dwn there, I was in and out in like 1.5 hrs after we settled on a price. I only ended up spending $200, but I saved $150 in tax and it was definetly worth the extra $50 bucks to go through there.

Take SeattleSheila's great advice, and try to take advantage on IH8Mustang's offer, since Bellevue and Fife are under the same owner, you wouldn't be able to bargain much at all between them. Good luck!!!

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]:
Sheila.. hi. i have a question.. since u live in seattle..

have u had a chance to get that ECU upgrade in seattle area???

coz the upgrade is not available in Vancouver or Canada.. so i am thinking of going to seattle to get it fixed..

if yes, can you please leave the email of the dealer in the seattle area??
coz i am going down to seattle recently i think...... so.. thanks for helping
I'm on the list for the upgrade. Lexus of Tacoma and Lexus of Bellevue haven't been able to make it work yet... The RUMOR is that Lexus of Seattle in Lynnwood has made it work. (They're closer to Canada anyway.) Contact them. Don't have an email address, but the phone number is 206-467-0733. Maybe they can help you out.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi guys. I'm from Kirkland and I bought my IS at Lexus of Seattle, one in Lynwood. I have an appointment to upgrade my ECU and Trac control sometime next week.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I bought my IS at Lexus of Bellevue. They just called me an hour ago telling me that they have the ECU part in. I'm getting it put in on Friday. I'll post and tell you the results then.

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
ND4SPD, what color is your IS? Are you ever around Totem Lake, or Willows Road area in Redmond?

I've seen a Green, DWP, GGP, Solar, and an SBM last week and this week. Any of them yours possibly?

I have an SBM with Fife plates on it until my plates come in.

Who did you deal with at Seattle when you bought yours? Did they treat you fair?

Kanine21

Loaded SBM/BLK, LS Leather, LSD, Moon, and all the other goodies

·
Registered
226 Posts
I had the TRAC replacement/ECU upgrade done last week at Lexus of Seattle (Lynnwood). I didn't have the greatest experience getting them to perform the tasks, but I'm sure glad I did.

TRAC is not so eager to cut power, and when it does... it lets go much sooner. Overall, I'd say the upgrades are more in line with the character of the car.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Originally posted by DJ:
I had the TRAC replacement/ECU upgrade done last week at Lexus of Seattle (Lynnwood). I didn't have the greatest experience getting them to perform the tasks, but I'm sure glad I did.

TRAC is not so eager to cut power, and when it does... it lets go much sooner. Overall, I'd say the upgrades are more in line with the character of the car.

DJ, really?????? can you please give me an email for that dealers at Lexus of Seattle??? thanks very much.. by the way, where is that dealer locaed? close to seattle city? ( i live in Vancouver, Canada, but i think i will go down to check it out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Has anyone actually gotten any price quotes yet? Anyone know how "long" the lists are right now around our area?

I had a yellow 2001 and sold it within a few months since I just couldn't deal with the auto-matic crap. I'm considering a 2002 Manual...

Oh, and I'd gotten my 2001 at Fife, and really liked the people there. My salesman was Jimmie Van-Quach. I did talk to salesman at the other two, but since I got it right after they came out it all came down to customer service (all were selling at MSRP). While I live near the Bellevue dealer and have lots of family in the north end near the Lynwood location, Fife really treated me the best... I'll likely go back there. I'm assuming no one (without "connections") will get one for under MSRP in our area until they've been out a while...

At least they don't do second stickers, as the majority of the other cars I've bought lately have been really marked up! (2000 Honda S2000, 2000 Integra Type R, 2001 Honda S2000)

Annie
Y2K(+1) S2K (yellow, of course!)

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
No, Lexus of Seattle is in Lynnwood, which is about 15min south of Everett. Bellevue is another 25min south of Lynnwood on 405.

BTW: Bellevue and Tacoma are owned by the same person, Seattle is seperate.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi guys
I got my SBM at Fife. My sales guy was Jim King, he was great. Turns out that he lives out in the Maple valley area by me so he has stopped by my house a couple of times to drop stuff off and see how things are. Also, if any one buys a car through him and tells him that I recommended him he will give me a hundred bucks. I will split the money with you, just PM me before you go. I brought my car in after two months (it only has 450 miles) for the 1 month/1000 mile service, and they did the TRAC upgrade, but said they didn't have the "tool" for the ECU flash at the time. I guess I should call them to find out if they got it yet. When I left my car the service advisor said that the TRAC unit was on back order, he called me the next day and said that they got some in and if I could leave the car another day they would replace mine, since I had a loaner from them I said sure, I think I put more miles on the loaner in a couple of days then the total on mine.

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]:
where is lexus of bellevue??
i live in Vancouver, which is closer??
hehe.. i emailed the seattle lexus.. no reply..
lexus of bellevue has a site or email?
Lexus of Seattle is in Lynnwood...closer to Canada, since it's on I-5 north of Seattle. Lexus of Bellevue is in Bellevue...east of Seattle just across Lake Washington. If you're going there, you need to take south I-405 off of I-5.
Web site: www.lexusofbellevue.com

1 - 20 of 23 Posts