Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post a helpful thread on the seat heater switch lights for Canadian members.

I always have trouble finding a good thread on this.

The brown base light is a brighter watt light that controls the "ON" light - CDN Part 84999-10310 and is 6.20 each

The white base light is a lesser watt light that stay lit as your panel lights do - CDN Part 90011-01016 and is $6.60 each

Can anyone help me with theTrac light part number - This bulb is bigger than the others?

I have a bulb that works - but seems to be a little bit too bright and I'm worried it will start melting the switch? The dealer could not even identify the Trac switch on the parts fiche.

...also the body clips that hold on your grille (4 of them) are
CDN Part 52117-53010 - $3.90 each

Digger08

·
Premium Member
27,022 Posts
Sucks that the dealer couldn't find the bulb for the TRAC button. I just asked them for one and they were able to get it for me. (DVNL)

I didn't know there were so many of those twist dash bulbs. I thought there were just two sizes... big and small.

Are those body clips something the dealer would keep in stock? Or would they need to order them?

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts
nice and helpful Digger! (It won't let me give you more rep)

It saved me from looking up the bulb on the parts catalogue! My seat heater (white base - lesser watts) light is actually out! LOL!

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice and helpful Digger! (It won't let me give you more rep)

It saved me from looking up the bulb on the parts catalogue! My seat heater (white base - lesser watts) light is actually out! LOL!
Go to the parts catalogue and see if you can source the trac one for me.

Digger08

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was able to source the correct bulb for the trac switch.

Toyota part number 83119-24670 - $3.30

It is a green base bulb/ not brown based as I have pictured.
It is 1.12 watts

Digger08

·
Registered
180 Posts
Are these part numbers same for the US? I need to replace mine and I tried going with an aftermarket LED, which is hardly visible.

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some times they are, sometimes they are not. Thats usually the reason why we put this info up in the Canada section, as it can vary from the USA.

You have a lot of info here inclduing the watts. It should be enough for a dealer to figure out.

Digger08

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts
just ordered my bulb.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Finally replaced these bulbs! All the part numbers indicated in this thread are correct for US too, but I think the OP may have gotten the part numbers for the seat warmer switch mixed up.

The bulb with the white base is indeed the bulb for the part of the button that stays lit when the lights are on. However the part number is 84999 - 10310

The brown base is the bulb for the part of the button that illuminates when the warmer is turned on and the correct part number is 90011-01016

The TRAC button is correctly indicated as 83119 - 24670

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300 5spd
46 Posts
Finally replaced these bulbs! All the part numbers indicated in this thread are correct for US too, but I think the OP may have gotten the part numbers for the seat warmer switch mixed up.

The bulb with the white base is indeed the bulb for the part of the button that stays lit when the lights are on. However the part number is 84999 - 10310

The brown base is the bulb for the part of the button that illuminates when the warmer is turned on and the correct part number is 90011-01016

The TRAC button is correctly indicated as 83119 - 24670
These part numbers are correct (just called a Lexus dealer in Canada). Parts are on back-order at Toyota and Lexus dealerships.

All my bulbs in this trac/snow/seat heater cluster are OK except 1 of them...the convenience light for one of the seat heaters (p/n 84999 - 10310 white base) that lights up when the dash lights are on. The other indicator bulbs that indicate when the seat heater is actually pushed on (p/n 90011-01016 brown base) are OK.

It was very hard to see the broken filament on the 84999 - 10310 white base bulb...i needed a magnifying glass. Interestingly, the other bulbs were fine BUT all convenience lights are not lighting up in the snow/trac/seat heater cluster...which means i believe these bulbs are wired in series (i.e. if 1 bulb burns out, nothing lights up). I will continue the hunt for this 84999 - 10310 bulb.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300 5spd
46 Posts
I successfully got 2 of the 84999 - 10310 white base bulbs and installed them one-by-one and they work!...my theory is not correct, they are not wired in series. I guess all my bulb filaments actually died at the same time that one time a few years ago (how they died simultaneously is anyone's guess...I must buy a lottery ticket).

The remaining bulb I need to get is the TRAC/Snow button bulb which I believe is different from the singular TRAC OFF button light in this thread. My TRACOFF/Snow button has a bulb with a philips screw head black base.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts