Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers side seat belt seems to be getting shredded right where it makes that turn at the buckle where you click it in. I was wondering if I just use mine so often it has finally taken its toll or if anyone else has had a premature wear and tear issue. lemme know. I'am gonna replace them regardless, I just wanted to know. :cool:

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
mine did the same thing. got it replaced under warranty @ 25kmiles.

the new one is starting to do it again.

there have been other's who are experiencing the same thing.. so no, it's not because you are using it too much.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
That should be covered under you Restraint Warranty. Check with your dealer and also check supplement manual....info should be there.

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
I haven't had that problem yet (knock on wood). Sounds like something the dealer should fix for free no matter if you're under warranty or not considering it sounds like a safety issue and nobody wants a class action lawsuit :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have about 62k miles on my 01 and zero wear on the restraint system.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Under the restraint system warranty seat belts are covered for 6yrs/70,000 miles for all states. Kansas is the only state that Lexus covers seat belts for 10 yrs and no mileage limit.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IS JOE said:

thanks man....I should have researched this before posting. I guess its good that people are still talking about it though. Safety behind the wheel of our cars is something that should never get lost in the archives. ;)

I hear that it is free replacement forever without a limit on miles. I will go to the dealer and inquire about this very soon. Bottom line.....we paid for a Lexus man, the seatbelts should'nt be doing this.....not this soon anyway. I will keep you guys posted. You guys let me know what you find out too.

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
Flipside909 said:
I don't know if some of you know, our seatbelts are manufactured by Takata.
then takata seatbelts sucks. my replacement is showing the same wear and shredding effect.... after less than 10k miles of use. it blows. :pissed:

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I think we need a "mod" to let the seat belt buckle swivel a little more where it attaches to the seat frame. The fact that the highest it can go is like a 45 degree angle is whats causing the belt to rub against the buckle and shred

1 - 12 of 12 Posts