Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anyone have squaking noice coming from the seat belt buckle receptor? This happens from time to time. I have tried to put some oil on the receptor. It did not really help.
Any suggestions, guys???

·
Registered
44 Posts
My buckle makes a creaking noise when I shift my weight. The local dealership ordered a new buckle but they're not sure if it's the buckle or assembly making the noise.
I'll know more this weekend when I take my care in.

David

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave. I think you have the same exact problem that I have. I am around 140LB and I like to sit kinda of in the front side..Whenever the car moves or vibrates, it seems to make squeaking noise...I hope they will be able to fix your poblem. Can you keep me posted??? Thanks.Bro.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Mine does exactly the same thing. But, it took me a long time to figure out it was the seatbelt buckle receiver making the "creaking" noise.
While I have not permanently solved the problem, I can silence it by simply moving the receiver on its pivot. Somehow, changing its position - even slightly - stops it from making noise.
This may be too obvious (which makes me wonder why I haven't tried it myself) but, has anyone spritzed a little WD40 into the joint where the receiver is bolted to the seat-frame? (Or is that what cdm2 meant?) I think that's where the noise originates.

[ May 16, 2001: Message edited by: Leader ]

·
2,909 Posts
I have it too, but I don't notice it alot because I usually have the radio on. I'm just gonna let the dealer take care of it next time I go in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
just wanted to let you know it may not really be something broken, it may be the materials like the plastic. i have a toyota and it also does the same thing, but also my friend has a 2000 bmw 3 and it also makes a rattling noise.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by RodGrp:
I have the damn same problem, when i move pivot the noise stops. When you had it replaced did the noise stop?
Hi Rodgrp:

Do you mean the screw that allows the buckle receptor to tilt that is making noise or is it the actual receptor(inside mechanism) making squeaking noise??? Thanks.
Mine is from the inside of the buckle receptor.

·
Registered
68 Posts
hey cdm2,
I have the same noise for the past two month (2,800 mi) and I could not figure out if it was coming from the inside the receptor or the pivot, so I spayed some WD40 on both areas and it stopped squeaking

1 - 11 of 11 Posts