Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i recently was selling these sd wheels but decided to keep them and paint them gunmetal.... they had too many visible scratches and imo it looks way better in gunmetal .. tell me what you guys think.. heres the before and after ,,

i will post more pics tuesday when i mount them on my ibp IS

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
looks good but what do they look like on your ride? what color is your car? i kind of like the brighter silver on darker cars.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks good but what do they look like on your ride? what color is your car? i kind of like the brighter silver on darker cars.
thanks .. my car is imperial blue pearl..

which imo gunmetal and blue looks good..

they not that dark in person more like a light gunmetal finish with some mirror finish .. :)

thanks guys for the feedback..

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
thanks .. my car is imperial blue pearl..

which imo gunmetal and blue looks good..

they not that dark in person more like a light gunmetal finish with some mirror finish .. :)

thanks guys for the feedback..
yeah. agreed. those will look good. be sure to post some pics after you mount them.

·
Registered
764 Posts
you beat me to the punch! i was going to get these done over spring break. +REP!

its going to look awesome on the ibp!

btw what paint did you use? i like the sparkle in the paint. i have a GGP soo that would look real money on the car.

·
Registered
764 Posts
^^confirmation please!

Reactions: mycalr

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that looks like the duplicolor graphite spray can.

did you sand the rims down before painting? did you use primer?

rims where sanded down and primered .. i used duplicolor graphite .. i havent gotten a chance to install since its been raining ..

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
nice!! i was planning on doing mine as well. however, arent the 04+ sd's come with the gun metal rims?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts