Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I'm ditching my C-West kit and going with Wald. I've been trying to piece the kit together over the winter and I'm almost there. Today I picked up my latest goody from Wald. So here's my new grill mocked up with everything else.

I haven't decided if I want to put on the piece that goes on the front (nose) of the hood yet, but either way I think it looks bad ass. I'll be going to the paint booth once the tax money gets here. The plan is to paint the sides of my hood painted along the body lines, grill, and side skirts painted next month, so I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
very nice wald

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I have seen anyone else with the Wald grill other than my boy MrMark. But he sold it long ago.

Reactions: tjmhillz

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
nice TRD hood. and how about painting the grille black? +rep

Reactions: Apex84

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
you need the jdm front and rear to fit the real wald lol

haha

Reactions: Apex84

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice TRD hood. and how about painting the grille black? +rep
Thanks, when it comes to JDM, you and Nigel def are the first that come to mind. Your cars are sick, but they seem to float under the radar. I wish the're were more ISs like both of yours. I'm painting the lower half of the grill blue and the mesh will be a dark gray. I haven't decided what color to paint the upper piece that goes on the hood, but I'm open to suggestions.

you need the jdm front and rear to fit the real wald lol

haha
I'm working on the rear. I may have one in the next couple of months. But now that I've graduated and am working in the real world my priorities have shifted. Basically once I finish up the the exterior and audio thats it.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^Thanks

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
looks great man, can't wait to see the progress...:approve:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Looking good bro!

Where did you find the front hood lip?

If you decide to part with that piece, let me know.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where did you find the front hood lip?

If you decide to part with that piece, let me know.
It came with the grill. I'm not parting with it though ;) .

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
flairs!!!!

are you going to paint the mesh? or leave it that color

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
flairs!!!!

are you going to paint the mesh? or leave it that color
LOLZ. If I do the flairs, I'll need to buy wider wheels. I love my AMEs just the way they are at this point.

I'm painting the mesh a graphite color and getting a Wald emblem. I'm going to paint the frame blue.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts