1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CE light back on at 22.5 miles....

i give up on this shit

any one wanna buy a used o2 sim & xerd header

i'm going toyo or HP wit hproper sims etc etc.....

:pissed:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Just a FYI... this is what Justin @ casper told me when I ask him if I bought the correct o2 sim (104037):

"No. You need to exchange those for 2 of part number 104052. You may send them to the address below. It is free to exchange them. The reason you need the new part number is because you have a 2003. Please let me know if there is anything else you need.

Regards,

Justin Spina -- [email protected]"

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
almost perfect Diagram Daniel..!! :lol:

that is almost exactly the setup,..... EXCEPT i used the white SENSOR wire as a ground.. for the BROWN/black wire from the O2 SIMULATOR....??

the other way around, using the other black wire for ground DSID NOT WORK for me .. .PLUS ther eis no Black wire off the Sim it is a brown one...

works perfect NOW!

thanks again

edgy

·
Interior Handling Expert
1,752 Posts
Ok...so which o2 sim do I need? I have a 2002 e-shift.

edgy says he used #104037, but he says to use the instructions for #104051 and then hchan says he was told to use #104052.

I'm so confused... :crazy:

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey Daniel which one did u get us..... .hahaha!

the instructions that came wit hmine refered to the #104037 model number & so i assumed it was one of those....

Danielm would know which one we have for sure

edgy

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
This one 104051 O2 SIM-Import/Retrofit or 104037 O2 SIM-RETROFIT will work. I used 104051 O2 SIM-Import/Retrofit, what Edgy has, but both will work fine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I wonder why the Toyomoto O2 Sim uses power from the post cat sensor from bank 1 but supplies signal for both the post cat sensor on bank 1 and the post cat sensor on the midpipe? It was my understanding that the computer compared the pre and post cat signals for both bank 1 and the midpipe so the reason for the sim was to trick the computer into thinking the signal from BOTH post cat sensors were reading less gas than the pre-cat ones. Not trying to thread jack but just curious why the Toyomoto sim instructions are different..........maybe I wouldn't have had to go through the pain of taking out the passenger seat after all for access to the rear post cat O2 plug :) I guess it would work this way for header only installs without the midpipe replacement?

Bill

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
luke722 said:
Ok...so which o2 sim do I need? I have a 2002 e-shift.

edgy says he used #104037, but he says to use the instructions for #104051 and then hchan says he was told to use #104052.

I'm so confused... :crazy:
Sorry the Instructions that came in the one i bought from DanielM were for the 104037 model.... but the sim was actually the 104051 evidently.. .that is why the INSTRUCTIONS for the 104051 model i down loaded & printed seemed to make MUCH more sense with what i had than the instructions that came in the box with the sim.... over all the installation went smooth &easy once i had an idea of exactly what to do.

BUT I think i have some problem now.................

...MY CE LIGHT IS BACK ON :pissed: WTF!!!!

the damn Sim LED IS blinking like it should too & is installed per the directions etc etc..... so i dunno WTF is wrong now... the CE light came on about exactly when (# of miles & time..) it would when ever I reset the ECU previously with NO SIM so now i am questioning WTF the sim is supposed to be doing now that it evidently MIGHT not be doing..... :crazy:

ANY suggestions ???? :x

Fhuck Me!...... :roll:

edG

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
It shouldn't come on..... maybe you can't use the white wire for ground after all. I used the other black wire on my car for ground and had no problem. Try doing that see what happens.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok.... so I tried swapping the brown Ground wire from the SIM to the unused Black wire from the O2 SENSOR.. instead of the white wire..... i got NOTHING.. .no blinking LED at all.... nothing. It was dead & the CE light came on immediately too....

so I triple checked all the connections, & went back to the original layout with the brown wire connected to the white wire like the directions say to do & BAM... the LED starts blinking like it should & i got no CE light any more.................................................... :D

.....................for about 15 minutes...... then the fukker comes back on & now i am totally pissed . :pissed:

such BS i tell ya....

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Ed your car is a 02 right? Maybe mine being an 03 have something to do with it, because I was useing the brown wire for the whole week that I had the header and had no problems....

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
edgy said:
FUK me... has ANYONE put a freaking O2 sensor or TWO of them whatever, ...on an 02 5 speed & MADE IT WORK....?

:pissed:
You know what you can try.... the purple wire add another wire to it, and take it all the way back to the last 02 sensors blue wire and attach it in the same way to that sensor, so that the 02 sim fools them both... make sense? that's how the toyomoto one is set up... might work.

·
Registered
202 Posts
im putting my casper O2 sim on this monday 1/5 so ill tell you how it goes and if i get it working. but im just curious... has anyone got it to really work over an extended time???? danielm said he got it working for a week but sometimes it takes longer for the ecu to trip a cel. it took me 3 weeks before i got a cel with my header on and no o2 sim. just my thoughts but ill tell u if i get it working.
~Av

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
In my car, the CEL light would come on about 5 minutes after driving without the 02 sim and after a reset. It wouldn't take a long time to come on. So a week for me with no CEL lights was a very long time.

·
Interior Handling Expert
1,752 Posts
danielm said:
In my car, the CEL light would come on about 5 minutes after driving without the 02 sim and after a reset. It wouldn't take a long time to come on. So a week for me with no CEL lights was a very long time.
Hi danielm,

So, is your CEL on or not?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts