Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a screeching somewhat grinding sound when turning wheels at slow speed or stop on my is300. I have read many places it could be the belt tension pulley going out, but could there possibly be any other causes cause it sounds like it is coming from my wheels. Any reply's will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turns out to be my sway bar bushings

After much research i found the problem to be my sway bar bushings. First thing i will do is drop the sway bar and grease up the bushings with some marine grease some magic lube see if that works.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I started having this problem a couple of weeks ago. The noise is loudest for me is after I start my park and make a turn. Like leaving my job parking lot. After the awhile, I still hear it every now and then when turning.

I'm glad someone pointed this out. I'll def. look at that link.

·
Dr. JDM
6,678 Posts
it's not the sway bar bushings. it's the ball joint

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It turns out to be the sway bar bushings at the endlink

On our IS'es we have some rubber bushing that connect the sway bar to the endlink check those bushings they are cheap to replace they will be broken and smashed cheap ass rubber replace with polyurethane ones :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.