Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the windows tinted on my new IS 350. There is about a one inch scratch on the front passenger side window. It is very noticeable. At first I thought it was the tint film but when I took it back to the shop they told me that it was a scratch on the glass itself. My car was not even a week old but they said that they see it all the time with new cars. Has anyone else ever heard of this?

I don't know a lot about the process that goes into window tinting. Do they use razors?

I feel like they made the scratch in the window but I am not sure what to do next. Can anyone give me some advise on how I should move forward with this issue.

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just got the windows tinted on my new IS 350. There is about a one inch scratch on the front passenger side window. It is very noticeable. At first I thought it was the tint film but when I took it back to the shop they told me that it was a scratch on the glass itself. My car was not even a week old but they said that they see it all the time with new cars. Has anyone else ever heard of this?

I don't know a lot about the process that goes into window tinting. Do they use razors?

I feel like they made the scratch in the window but I am not sure what to do next. Can anyone give me some advise on how I should move forward with this issue.

Thanks

sue those mofo's.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
most likely they did. They use a razor blade to scrape any dirt off the windows before applying the tint. If you don't use stainless blades and if you are not careful you can easily scratch windows. Seeing that your car isn't even that old what else could it be. I would say something!

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
More than likely there at fault for this inconvience. They don't care to work with you regarding the issue. And the best way to handle the situation is... Bug the hell out of them until you receve something more than just them taking responsibility for it.

Good luck let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
817 Posts
if you paid with a credit card you can file a complain with them. this way they wont be receiving the money.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Razorblades are used to cut the tint film, and it's possible they could have scratched the window...
I agreed.. i used to be a window tinter.. and i guess they didnt spray water on the window first before they razorblade it.. they razorbladed it dry and they scratch the glass... they are lying to u.. They should be the one paying u for a new window.. u went to a shitty tint shop..

no, razorblades are not to cut film.. u have a knife that cuts the film out.. it can cut, but not as sharp as a razorblade tho..

so take it back and tell them to pay u for a new window.. if they dont.. u can sue them for something they lied to u about..

now on old P.O.S. cars.. yes, there will most likely be scratches on the windows.. nothing u can do about that... unless u buy a new window

we tint mercedes,BMW's, lexus's,audis,ferrari's,lamboghini's,vettes, every car we recieve BRAND NEW.. never had a scratch on the windows.. PFFT. whatever.. there lying..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts