Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
F***, I just scratched my rear right rim and now there is a half-inch scratch and its pretty deep. Any suggestions for getting it fixed?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I seem to remember a thread regarding scratched rims not too long ago. I think the short answer was to replace the damaged rim with your spare (thank god for the full-sized spare), and either keep the scratched rim as your "new" spare... or take the damaged rim to a shop to get buffed out. It might be best to do a search on the thread to get more info.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You can try Precision Wheel Service 1-800-255-6973 or Wheel Collision Center 1-800-292-7467. The cost is about $100 each wheel depends on the severity of the damage. You will need to ship the wheel to them for the work.

I have not tried either place myself, because I’ve found a local shop that will do it for about $65. The dent on my wheel (on the edge) is about the size of an adult’s thumbnail and the bead was not damaged. I will see the finish result in two days.
You should also try the to ask the local garage and collision repair shop and see if they can help you.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
D'oh!

I did that...whilst checking tang and pulling into a gas station...I ended up replacing my right rear with my nice full size spare...you may want to consider keeping the ugly scratched rim in your trunk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts