Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, do any of the scratch remover that you can get either from infomercials or from local auto parts store work? I noticed a few small paint chips on the passenger side and was wondering if I should try scratch remover or wait longer and have the car detailed?

Thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Paint Chips or scratches there is a big difference... scarthes you might be able to use a swirl remover and some hand glaze to werk out.. CHIPS you need some paint..

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I won't be surprised those scratch removers will add more spider-web scratches onto the paint surfaces.....

Professional hand-glaze, on the other hand, are the ones to use for light-scratch removal
I know 3M makes them and in different abrasive strengths.

[ April 30, 2001: Message edited by: dude ]

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the info. I did some more research on other site and have realized these scratch removers are not very effective.

In terms of the small paint chips I alluded to, is the best option just get ask Lexus for some touch up paint?

I've only had my car for less than two weeks, I am not sure if the chips where there when I got the vehicle. How should I handle this situation?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts