Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey and thanks for looking. I just got a new upper dash put in my is300, from it being red from the previous owner. but when i bought it there was a 2 inch scratch the guy who sold it to me did not tell me about. i know there is a way you can fade it out a little bit. just don't know the right stuff to get? Please any help would be greatly appreciated. i mean the rest of the dash is in perfect condition but that scratch bothers me bad!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not having worked this dash I'm not 100% certain but you might be able to sand out the scratch depending on how deep it is with fine grit sandpaper and you would have to paint the whole dash I would think. I'm still trying to find out if the paints people are using is a factory match if it is you can probably flash it in but when you sand it out you will lose the original texture on the dash in that area either way if its bothering you it might be a lose lose just my .02cents. Maybe someone else with actual experiance on the dash can help.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
having just painted the dash with a buddy... i can tell you there is no way around those scratches unless you paint the entire dash over. whatever you do... DO NOT USE KRUD KUTTER!

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
A mobile interior touch-up company air-brushed the scratches around my dash after sanding them down. This isn't the best example since I've messed up my dash a little after pulling my HU/JDM dash kit at least 30x or so in the last 3 years.

Before:

After-ish:

In the first image, the dash had already been touched up once, but was sprayed too dark. Unfortunately, I can't find the scratches from the first time. At least that gives you an idea of what can be done.

MY2J: Do you have pics of your repainted dash?

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
MY2J: Do you have pics of your repainted dash?
hey bro, i just recently deleted the pics off my phone. i'll snap some new ones later on today or maybe "silver5spd" might have some that he took with his fancey camera :)

i'll honestly say that removing the dash to repaint it, is completely worth it! i couldn't be happier and there won't be any "gunk" problems in the future... not to mention how easy the dash is to clean now... just whipe it down with a microfiber towel and you're done :approve:

·
Premium Member
9,657 Posts
Put a sticker over it lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.