Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just got a 2008 IS250 AWD, barely drove it, and I noticed that when I am coming to a stop, there is this scraping brake noise coming.

I am really frustrated and I do not know much about cars. Can anyone explain to me in layman terms what is the cause of the problem, and give me suggestions what I should do? For sure will bring it back to the dealership, but I think they will give me some BS answer.

I have read many articles in the forum regarding changing brake pads. With the problem I have now, is that the best option? what other options should I consider?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
664 Posts
if i were you i'd go to your closest auto zone or kragens and buy some brake pad lube. That usally fixes your scraping noise. This is assuming your brake pads don't need to be replaced but by reading the post the lube should work fine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Is it like a squeaking scrape noise or a chugging sort of scrape (maybe similar to the ABS going off). If it's just squeaking or squealing, this is completely normal for IS250/350's as it's the composition of the brakes. If so, try using them and wear them in a bit and see if it gets any better. If it doesn't help, there's a TSB Lexus offers that replaces your brakes with non-squeaking ones that aren't as grabby but aren't bad. I don't have the TSB form on me but it's posted in the forums somewhere.

If anyone can link the TSB here, that'd be great. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts